Prologue

The Gate. The tunnel that connects the other world to ours. 10 years ago, after the gate appeared, the world experienced many bizarre events. One example is the Hunters. Their level of power stayed the same - even after becoming hunters. Those who received the power to cross the gate to destroy monsters, and did this as their career were called "Hunters".

My name is Riynsu Kurusu. C-Rank Japanese hunter. Japan Hunters Association. I only know 3 skills and have barely any mana, as I get exhausted after a few skills. I use a spear but, it is a novice spear as I don't have that much money to afford a high-quality one.

3rd Person POV

Riynsu was going towards the site where the D-Rank gate would be. He was spotted by one of the Leaders for the raid.

???: *waves* "You there! Over here!"

Riynsu went towards him. He was a man in his thirties and had a muscular body and charcoal hair and beard.

???: "You must be Riynsu Kurusu right? Name's Furukawa Hiroshi and I'll be the leader for the raid party."

Riynsu: "Okay."

Furukawa: "So, including you, we have 6 D-Ranks, 8 C-Ranks and 4 B-Ranks. So, an even 18."

Furukawa then left to talk to someone so Riynsu went to the coffee truck that was parked to the side.

Barista: "Welcome sir, what can I get you today?"

Riynsu: "I'll have a latte with a bit of cream."

Barista: "Right away sir."

After He was given his latte, Riynsu sat on a fence by himself and drank his coffee in peace.

Timeskip

Riynsu was now in the Dungeon with the rest of the raid team. They were venturing in a cave-like setting with hostile goblins coming at them. There were fighters with spears and swords stabbing away using their weapon skills, while the mages were using fire, water and wind spells. There was no summons from the mages.

Riynsu was dealing with a couple of goblins at a time. He was saving his mana for the boss by not using any of his skills. Furukawa was a tank and killed the most goblins out of the raid team.

After a while, all the Goblins were finished and the 2 healers were healing everyone. The team was trying to look for the entrance to the boss room but they kept finding a dead end. That was until one of the fighters found a hidden entrance in the wall.

???: "Hey over here!"

Furukawa: "Hey good job Ayumi!"

The raid team went over was met with a dark tunnel. Furukawa threw a torch to check if there were any monsters. After checking, they all went into the tunnel and at the end was a huge red door with a gold design on it.

"I've never seen a room with a door like this..."

"Are we sure this is the boss room?"

"It should be. You know of any other room in here?"

Furukawa went and opened the door. It opened easier than he expected. Inside, lit torches were surrounding the room with a pinkish flame. There were a couple that had fallen to the ground and yet were still burning. There were cracks on the walls some, with moss in between. There were also chunks of the wall that had collapsed, which led to debris across the room.

There was also an empty, colossal sone throne down the centre against the wall. Who was big enough to sit on such a throne?

There were stone statues that had cracks and moss in them. Some of the statues had limbs or chunks of their body that had fallen off.