The Rhodes Not Taken

Lola stands in front of the Glee club as she guides them through the choreography. "Come around. Good." Lola instructed with a nod as both Quinn and Finn moved around the rest of the club.

A Singer in a smokey room
A smell of wine and cheap perfume
For a smile they can share the night..

"Keep facing each other, arm around each other's waist, circle."

It goes on and on and on and on

Quinn stopped and covered her mouth running out of the room. "Quinn!" Lola followed behind, snatching a water bottle off of the piano. "Quinn you okay?" The door slammed shut behind the two girls. "I think she just had a bad breakfast burrito." A few people gave him a weird look before Kurt changed the subject.

"Can we please talk about the giant elephant in the room?" Kurt asked putting his hands on his hips. "Your sexuality?" Santana shot back, the room fell silent while the older Hummel twin glanced over his shoulder, rolling his eyes. "Rachel. We can't do it without her." He cringed as he said it, glad that his twin wasn't in the room.

***

Lola sat in Mike's lap as she talked to her twin

Lola sat in Mike's lap as she talked to her twin. Kurt had hounded the girl for all of the details about their relationship. "I already told you that I wouldn't be able to." Lola shook her head, kissing her boyfriend on the forehead after he spat out her hair. "Lala, come on. You owe me for not telling dad about Mike." Kurt pouted while his sister scoffed in disbelief.

"You want to play that game?" Lola asked, raising an eyebrow at her twin who quickly shook his head. "No I'm good." The female twin giggled happily leaning against her boyfriend, waiting for Mr. Schue to enter the classroom for rehearsal. Ten minutes later Mr. Schue entered with an older blonde behind him.  

Lola slipped off of Mike's lap, sitting between Mike and Kurt. "Guys I'd like to introduce you to someone very special. This is April Rhodes. She's our newest member." The twins shared a confused look, but Finn was the one to speak up. "Wait, so old people can join glee club now?"

Lola coughed as she tried to stifle her laughter, Mike pulled her closer, hiding his face in her hair. "Old huh? You guys look like the worlds worst Benetton ad." April commented, the female Hummel blinked rapidly in disbelief. 

Artie raised his hand while speaking "Mr. Schuester, this seems like a terrible idea." Most of the glee club nodded, while Lola shrugged. She didn't care as long as April didn't step on her feet when it came to Choreography. "April is a great singer. And she never graduated." Mr. Schue defended himself, Lola sighed, leaning into Mike. 

"We appreciate what you're trying to do, but she's no Rachel." Mercedes protested gently, Lola fought to keep the sneer off of her face. "Who's Rachel?" April asked, folding her hands in front of her. "Sh-She's kind of our star." Tina explained softly, April glanced round the room. 

"Your star eh? Well where is she?" The blonde asked, Lola rolled her eyes. "She left, to be the lead in 'Cabaret'." Kurt explained, glancing at his twin who looked positively done with the conversation. "Hey, Tinkles, give me 'Maybe This Time' in B flat. And don't let me catch you snoozing." April ordered taking off her jacket, Lola sat up a bit watching carefully.