Glowing Review

They'd not seen each other in person for two months. Meredith was finally going to see him again, and her whole body radiated with excitement as the plane landed in Los Angeles. Her carry-on already sat on her lap, her hands gripping the handles of the bag. She hadn't bothered to bring a suitcase. She was staying for four days.

She'd meet him at the hospital tonight, Thursday night, for dinner and to get his keys. He had to work the night shift and she was gong to stay over at his and wait for him, get some of her own work done. She could have gotten a later plane, but she was just antsy and wanted to be near him as soon as she could.

Her apartment was lonely. She had finally found somewhere to live that was up to her expectations, putting Derek at ease now that she was no longer living out of a hotel. It was a nice apartment, large windows, newly refurbished. But she was lonely, and she missed him. She had been counting down the days until she could see him again. Working her ass off, impressing her mentors, but really it was just so she could distract herself. It paid off when they authorised her five days off to see him.

The plane finally landed, and she filed out with the other passengers to alight. She just wanted to get through the airport and in the first cab she saw, straight to the hospital.

But she didn't expect him to be stood waiting for her in the arrivals lounge, that same grin she fell in love with plastering his face.

"I thought I was meeting you at the hospital?" She asked.

She couldn't help but grin back as he pulled her into a hug, her bag falling to the floor. Her face buried against his neck. His lips touched the top of her head with a soft sigh as he gently squeezed her close.

"I moved some things around so I could come and get you," he murmured, burying his face against her hair, "I missed you so much, baby."

"I missed you too, I don't want to let go," she breathed, tightening her arms around him and pulling herself closer.

"We need to go get your suitcase," he chuckled softly, rubbing her back.

"Don't have one," she shrugged as she looked up at him, grinning still.

"Why?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at her.

"I didn't see the point in bringing much with me," he said, gripping the tie he wore in her hand to pull him closer, "You're all dressed up, I like it."

"I had a meeting before I left," his lips moved closer toward hers in a whisper, "I thought you'd appreciate it."

"Are you still on call tonight?" She said with a small pout.

"Yeah, I'm sorry," he breathed, touching his forehead to hers, "But I'm all yours from seven in the morning."

He kissed her gently, her hand still gripping his tie. She moved to her tip toes to press back against his lips more firmly. His hands applied a slight pressure to her back to keep her against him a moment.

"Come on, I don't have too long," he murmured softly, nudging her nose with his own, "I'm going to take you to my place and then I'll have to head back, and we'll pick up some food on the way."

"Okay, I've brought some work with me to keep me busy," she nodded, kissing him quickly again.

"You could always come to the hospital with me, keep me entertained while it's quiet," he smirked, pressing a kiss just below her ear.

She laughed softly, pulling back from him but letting him keep an arm around her waist. She picked her bag back up before they started walking toward the exit of the airport.