Here and Now (1)

Gleaming sunlight, striking flashlights, and fascinating sight of the landscape behind. Sitting in the middle of it all, right by the riverbank of Danube, a woman in lilac embroidered tulle dress blended in one with the autumn scenery of the fallen leaves and empty branches. She was full of bliss as her midnight locks, swayed by the wind blows, tied in a half updo and fell just right above the trimmed bits of diamond along her waistline. She was the moment of the time; beautifully endless with her elegant presence.

Opposite her, another woman, more older, in all black formal attire, sat straight with her eyes holding the gaze as they interacted in happy and friendly vibes. She sought truth, and the truth only, from the younger one who caught the attention of the people in circling crowds which were near them. With all cameras still standing by for the two, the talk finally came to a definite end.

"It's been such a delightful conversation with you, Ms. Bae. I must say that this is my greatest time to be here, enjoying the breezy day, with the World Best Soprano."

Rona gracefully smiled at that. She said, "It is a joy for me too, Fi. The last time we talked like this, I was still new in the industry. I must say that this is all because of you and the crew for kindly guiding me all the time."

Mirroring her, Frieda returned the same favor and feeling, "The pleasure is all mine, Ms. Bae" which earned a soft chuckle from Rona.

"Now that we're really at the end of the interview, can I ask one last question for you? As a fitting wrap to commemorate this happy afternoon," Frieda said. She shifted closer as she was eager to know more about the young lady that grew up into a gorgeous woman on this day.

Rona nodded. "Of course. Please do tell me your curiosity, Fi."

Getting closer with wide smile, Frieda pointed out her left hand. "Can you tell us a bit about the shiny thing on your finger? Is that from the famous Mr. Perfectly Fine we've been seeing since your return from South Korea?" she asked. Glancing at the now shy woman, she emphasized more, "I suppose everyone has been wondering about him, precisely I am of course. Could you fill us with some sweets for today's interview, Ms. Rona Bae?"

At the mention of a certain someone, someone so dear and special to her fragile heart, Rona unknowingly smiled a little bright. She looked down to the silver band on her left finger, specifically the ring one. As she traced the cold metal on her warm skin, her memory went back to reminisce about the time. The time where it all took place.

Two years ago.

***

Autumn 2026
Staatsoper
Vienna, Austria

Busy day, busy night. It was one of those times wherein the city never seemed to stop for a while. The lamplight along the pavements to the grand carpet, till met the old but still majestic wooden door, in particular livened more than any other building. It was packed, with flashy vehicles on the outside as much as the people in fancy suits and dresses on the inside. Shining with no time to turn into a simple dim.

While they waited, feeling excited, for the Opening Night, they mingled with friends, partners, and lovers. The high painted ceiling that was no grander than the tall building cocooned them from the downpour, pouring light into the marble entrance of the main door. It was breathing life into the motionless portraits in a gold frame.

Until the gate finally opened to another wonder, it faded people into the harmony of silence. Drawing near to one spot, lighting with a single spotlight. A man and a piano tied down to a long run of bars, chords, and keys. The music.

At first, he started with a streak of strong press; dwelling in emotions with the tension he couldn't suppress. But despite the high end and notable touch to a certain key, it was flowing softly like a lullaby to a slumber sleep. Ear to ear, skin to skin, with every sense that couldn't help but awaken at the illusion dawn, he lured the audience in. He swiftly moved his long and delicate fingers on the tuts, along with strand by strand of his hair that was falling stiff due to his passionate liberty.