Chapter 16

-ALfheim, Neutral Territory, Legrue Corridor; 01/21/20XX-

Right now, the five of us are in the cave. Thanks to Kirito's magic, we can see more clearly in here.

Leafa: Night-vision magic? I guess Spriggans are for something.

Kenshi: Of course they are.

Kirito: But even so, it's kinda hurt to hear that.

Leafa giggles.

Leafa: But you should learn any magic you can. You're only good at glamours though.

Kirito: Glamours?

Leafa; Projecting illusions. It's not that useful in combat, though. Well, lame Spriggan magic might be the difference between life and death.

Kirito: Thanks for the comment that I don't need.

Later, while on our way, me and those two are trying to memorize all the words for magic spells. Or at least Kirito and Kenshi are trying to. Undine's magic spells is kinda easy to learn if you ask me.

Leafa: Don't just memorize words by rote. Learn what the words of power mean, and recall them by associating them with the magic's effects.

Kirito: I never thought I'd have to memorize something like English words in a game.

Itsuki: Just so you know, the higher-ranked spells have around 20 words.

Kenshi: Oh well, I'll stick to being a pure fighter...

Kirito: Same.

Itsuki: Stop complaining, you two!

Leafa: Wait, I got a message. Sorry. Hold on.

Shin: Sure.

Leafa: Recon again? I'm sure it's nothing, but...

She opened the message and read it out loud.

Leafa: "It was just like I thought. Be careful, S"

She confused.

Leafa: What's this? "S"? Sa... Shi... Su...

Itsuki: What's wrong?

Leafa: Oh, nothing.

Yui: Daddy, incoming signatures.

Kirito: Monsters?

Yui: No, players! Lots of them. Twelve.

Itsuki: Twelve, huh? I've got a bad feeling. Let's hide and let them pass.

Kenshi: Where?

Itsuki: Leave that to me.

She pulled us in a wall. She casted a spell and a magical wall appears in front of us.

Itsuki: Talk as softly as you can. If you're too loud, it'll break the spell. And I'm talking to you, Kenshi.

Kenshi: ...Inhale... Exhale....

Yui: They'll be in view soon.

I don't see any players but I can see something.

Shin: What is that?

Leafa: They're not visible yet, are they?

Shin: It isn't a player. A bat, maybe? It's red and small.

Hearing this, Itsuki look at the direction that I'm looking at. Then she suddenly jump out of the hiding spot.

Kirito: What's wrong?