Chapter 2

I was laying in bed looking at my ceiling, missing my parents, tears rolled down my cheeks, "hey Maya" Josh took a seat on my bed and held his hand on my leg which I didn't feel, "are you thinking about your parents?" He asked with his soft voice I nod "yeah I miss them, but what are you doing here?"
He exhaled "I wanted to talk with you about my parents, i know they're still alive" I smiled "you miss them even if they dropped you off at the orphanage " "Yeah it's my job to take care of Anna she doesn't understand why dad and mom dropped us off at the orphanage" "What did you tell her?" "The truth"
"And what's the truth?" He exhales "I told her our parents won't ever come back, and I told her they never loved us" I felt sorry for him and Anna, I pointed at my wheelchair and Josh saw it helping me sit on my wheelchair, "come let's go to Anna I want to let her know maybe her parents left her but I never will" Josh smiled pushing my wheelchair to Anna's room, she was crying "I'll see you later" I said as Josh nods. I roll my wheelchair to Anna she hugged me, "I know you're sad sweetie" I said with my sweetest voice she didn't let go of me , "my parents left me, at least your parents still loved you even if they're dead" I felt tears rolling down my cheeks," I know it's not fair I lost my parents in a stupid car crash they were still alive if that car drove a little calmly"

I'm sorry, Maya "I just miss my parents" "I know and I understand I also miss my parents" but they don't come back your parents chose to bring their children here for a reason. "But.." "Anna we have to be strong do you understand me?" "Yes, and okay we will be strong without our parents"

"Kids what's going on here?" The orphan lady said as she entered the room she looked creepy I never liked that lady, she pushed my wheelchair backwards to my room, "it's Time you learn your place here lame girl" she looked angry at me "now get up and show us how paralyzed you are lame girl" I tried to stand but fell trying to climb back to my feet I saw she had moved my wheelchair out of my room "learn your place lame girl" she said as she broke my wheelchair. I started crying this lady was against paralyzed people No she hated them she laughed at me and let me alone on the floor,them suddenly Josh runs inside my room "what happened here?" I cried even more Josh immediately hugged me "I can't walk I'm a lame girl it's my new name here ,lame girl" "we'll protect you against that lady I promise you"