Peculiar

"...I see, thank you very much for your time." Violet thanked with a bow as the man nodded in response before carrying on with his day.

It has been nearly two hours ever since she has left on her search for Y/N, but sadly up to no avail. There was not a single clue about his whereabouts, where he lives, or know who any of his friends and families are.

Now that she has thought about it, she could have sworn she has seen a girl with H/C hair and E/C eyes back in the company about a year ago. Unfortunately the two of them never really spoke to one another and have merely just been working at the same company.

If only she worked there again she would love to ask some questions for her, but as much as she wanted to she had quit working there.

Looks like she's back to square one...

Violet made a dull yet disappointing expression after taking the time to think back to what she had done to both Erica and Cattleya. She felt bad for somewhat lying to them about how she would comply with their idea.

How selfish could she be just to have her fulfill that small disturbance in her head about finding someone she wasn't even sure was alive and here in the first place.

She basically ditched work for her own selfish needs and had quite possibly disturbed a few amount of people by the streets as they passed by. Even if Y/N was never here she needed to at least know that he wasn't; so that she may finally just face the fact that the world hates her.

Violet was just so lost and confused as she was slowly dragging herself by the sidewalks of the neighbourhood; sulking down on her own thoughts and despair. It felt like she was constantly digging herself to a deeper void of none existent hope.

The blonde haired girl looked up to see the amber turning skies as the Moon started to come into view, indicating that the night is coming near. The people by the streets were less crowded compared to before and the carriages were rarely in sight.

Violet was pretty sure she has already lost it. She thought she was given a second chance to have a normal life for once, but the outcome would always turn out to become whatever she had dreaded it to be.

Hodgins was right, she should have just waited back in the company until the day ended so that Benedict would come and help her out with the search, as soon as Hodgins received the needed information. At least that way she would actually have a place to start off with instead of rushing out mindlessly trying to search for one man in the entire city of Leiden.

It appears her dull and direct personal behaviour must have taken a toll on her. Because she was just as dense as her emotions were. Violet had thought she had already grown over this feeling, rushing into battles without having a plan in mind. Letting her actions do the work and hope for the best.

Although that may have worked back in the war, the only flaw about her technique was that there were no more battles now. The Maiden of Leindenshaftlich title must come to an end.

But all she really wanted, was for him to keep his promise and be there with her in this new life of hers.

Does she not deserve that after all she has been through?

Is there really a good reason why she has to feel so... Lonely?

Aside from her friends and co workers, there was no one else she could really find close enough to speak her mind to. Like how she would open up to the Major and Corporal whenever they were alone.

Sure Cattleya, Benedict and the others ensured themselves to her that they would be there whenever she needed them to. Even if she kept her usual demeanour around them, deep down she really appreciated them for supporting and looking out for her.