| chapter five |

UNFORTUNATELY, y/n was subjected to the most boring ways to pass time ever in her life. she was bedridden for an extra two days, only walking to the bathroom to bathe or go to the toilet and that was already in her room. for the rest of her time, she spent sleeping, reading or staring into space out of boredom.

the physician had recommended that she rest fully when he came to see her (courtesy of louis) and suggested two days. sometimes, louis would come into her room and they would have a small polite conversation but they never discussed her...predicament. no, she hadn't told anyone yet. surely she would be deemed insane and the moriarty family would throw her into a mental asylum if she did.

turns out, there was little to do in the victorian era. not like she could binge netflix or scroll through hours on end of social media, all she did was read the books that louis had generously offered to her from their library. y/n was grateful for the amount of books and company the male had offered her but she was anxious as to what would happen once she got better.

y/n made the connection that moriarty the patriot and the three brothers james moriarty were of the same and that they were the protagonists of the story. though she had not read the manga, she had seen the anime and was familiar of their plans. y/n felt stupid. not realising who albert was when she first saw him but the people here looked a tad bit different from the animations.

for one, they weren't animated. they truly were real people with real facial features and not just simple lines for faces. the people spoke in accents that reflected their level of wealth and status, their use of english -if it was standard or not- was prominent from what she could hear before. not to mention, everyone spoke english; the anime itself is originally in japanese because, it's an anime. she supposed it fit with the location of it all and was glad she wasn't thrown into a random place full of a foreign language.

y/n was unsure how far they had got to. the fact that william james moriarty was still a professor was a good sign and albert was still head of the house. whatever, they were fictional characters anyway, all that y/n needed to do was find a way to get back to her time. usually characters in films and books go back in time to change something or discover something right? ah. but what would be the reason to transport to another dimension.

louis -a sweetheart honestly- had taken the size measurements of y/n the day prior and gone to look for a simple dress for her to wear. it hung on the edge of the closer door in its beautiful glory, something simple yet extravagant enough to fill her cottage core aesthetic. the sleeves were puffed at the shoulders slightly and tightening up to the elbows before flowing out again. the round neckline prominent as the skirt itself thick of material but not overly dramatic.

the colour was a bashful innocent pale pink made of a shiny material that felt soft at the touch. it had minor white ruffles on the ends of the sleeves and had subtle intricate patterns all over the dress. she reached out a delicate hand, gently tracing over the small details and awing at how these dresses looked much more spectacular in real life.

"do you like it?" y/n jumped in surprise, whipping around to see louis standing at the doorframe with his hands placed behind his back.

y/n smiled grateful and nodded, "yes i do louis. thank you," she was glad to have a dress that fit the time period and would rather blend in than stick out for the time being, y/n would have to do some extensive research on dimensions and possibly time travel -anything to explain what's happened to her.

then, y/n froze. "do i...need to wear a corset?"

louis tilted his head to the side, "if you want. i mean, did you not wear a corset prior?"