Chapter 7

Friday came around and Quinn's thoughts were more focused on Rachel and not her duet with Sam.  Rachel's dads had made her stay home on Thursday due to the slushy incident that happened a few days ago.  Quinn was at her locker grabbing her supplies for her morning classes.  "Hey."  She looked to her right to see Rachel giving her a half smile.  Quinn smiled back, "Hey.  I'm surprised to see you.  I thought your dads would make you stay home again."  "I told them I wanted to come back today.  I'm not gonna let Karofsky and his meat head friends get to me." Rachel stated.  Quinn brought Rachel into a hug, "That's my girl." she thought.  The bell rang and both girls walked off to their respective classes.

Later that day in Glee club, "Alright guys, who wants to perform first?"  Mr. Shuester asked.  "Rachel and I would like to go first." Sunshine stated.  "Alright ladies, take it away."

After Rachel and Sunshine performed their song,  Quinn and Sam performed Scream & Shout, while Jessie and Finn performed Anything Goes.  After all the pairings performed, Mr. Shuester announced that the winners were Quinn and Sam.  Rachel was disappointed of course, but she was very happy for Quinn.  As everyone walked out of the choir room, Rachel walked next to Quinn and whispered, "Sam's kind of cute.  Enjoy your date."  Quinn just chuckled as both walked out of the school.

Later that evening, Quinn was sitting on a bench outside of Breadstix fiddling around on her phone.  She had been waiting a while for Sam.  She had sent him several text messages and left him a voice mail, but to no avail.  She was about to try calling him again when she saw Rachel walking down the sidewalk.  Quinn waved her hand to get her attention, Rachel stopped when she noticed Quinn sitting on the bench.  "Hey Quinn, you okay?"  Quinn shook her head, "No.  I think Sam stood me up.  I tried getting a hold of him, but he's not answering."  Rachel lowered her head in disappointment.  "You okay?" Quinn asked.  Rachel sighed, "I was just with Finn.  I told him about the slushy incident from a few days ago."  "And, what did he say?" "He told me that it doesn't matter if I'm a cheerio, a basketball player or on the football team.  I will always be a loser in the schools eyes."  Quinn could not believe her ears.  Finn should be the one that tells her she isn't a loser and maker her feel safe.  Quinn stood up and put her hands on Rachel's shoulders, "Look at me.  Rachel Barbara Berry, you are not a loser and it really pisses me off that Finn said that to you."  Rachel just smiled and hugged Quinn tightly.

Quinn let go of Rachel when she felt her phone go off.  She pulled out her phone and saw a message from Sam. 

Sam: Sorry Q, I can't make it, something came up?

Quinn just sighed and showed Rachel the text.  Then Quinn got an idea, "You know, I have the ticket for the free meals.  Do you want to join me?"  Rachel just smiled and nodded.  Quinn took Rachel's hand and they both walked in to Breadstix.

Time soon got away from both girls as they sat there just sat at the table laughing and enjoying each other's company.  "This is not how I thought tonight would go.  Thank you Quinn."  Rachel stated.  Quinn smiled, "You're welcome, Rach.  I do want to ask, what are you gonna do about Finn?"  "You mean what did I do." Rachel corrected.  "I broke up with Finn.  I can handle being called a loser by some people, but I shouldn't be called a loser by my boyfriend."  "Sorry Rachel."  "Why?  I am free to date anyone I want now."  "Well, I'm sure you'll find someone."  Quinn stated.  "How do you know?"  "Because I think a beautiful girl like you can't stay single for long."  Quinn said.  "Quinn Fabray, are you flirting with me?" Rachel asked.  "Mmmm, maybe."  Quinn smiled and chuckled a little at Rachel, who could not believe she was being flirted with.

Later on Quinn and Rachel walked out of the restaurant, they both said their goodbyes but not before a little bit more flirting.  "Bye Quinn.  I hope to see your pretty face at school on Monday." said Rachel.  Quinn chuckled, "Well, I hope I get to hear your pretty voice in glee club."  Both girls hug and walk their separate ways.

Later that night, Rachel lay awake in her bed and thought, "Am I falling in love with Quinn?" she couldn't get the blonde out of her thoughts, but she decided to not let these thoughts cloud her mind.  She couldn't allow herself to fall in love with Quinn.  There's no way she would feel the same way.  But what if she did?  Rachel pondered her options and she decided that under no circumstance, will she allow herself to fall in love with Quinn.