Chapter 19

It's Friday, Valentine's Day.  Rachel had been out sick the entire week, making Quinn feel pretty alone at school.  Sure, she had her best friend Santana, but Rachel's her secret girlfriend and she wants to be near her.  Rachel's dad being a doctor wouldn't allow the two girls to be near each other, he didn't want Quinn getting sick and neither did Rachel.

Quinn had almost had enough of Mercedes though.  She's spent the entirety of last week talking about how she'll quit glee club if Rachel comes back and Mr. Schue gives her the solo last minute.  Everyone knows that he's been waiting for Rachel to come back so that he can assign her the solo.  

Quinn was walking towards the choir room with a note from Rachel that her dad had dropped at her house on his way home one day.  She walks into Schue's office and hands him the note.  He looks at it with disappointment.

Mr. Schue,

I know this probably could have waited until I came back, but Quinn said you haven't assigned the solo yet.  I'm unsure if I'll be able to perform to the best of my ability when I return next week.  I think you should give the solo to Sunshine, Santana or Mercedes.  I will not risk us loosing Regionals again this year.

Thanks,
Rachel 

She tells him that she saw her on Wednesday, and she was really sick.  He nods and the two walk into the choir room.  "Alright guys, Quinn just gave me a note from Rachel.  She's differing the solo to someone else." he tells the club.  "Awesome!  It's my time to shine." Mercedes says prompting everyone to glare at her.  "And what makes you think you're the one that's going to get the solo Wheezy?" Santana asks.  "Because, I'm the go to answer for when Mr. Schue can't deal with Rachel's antics."  "Then why did Santana get the solo at sectionals and not you?" Jessie asks.

Mr. Schue cuts in here to prevent an argument starting.  "Guys!  I had a second person already chosen in case this happened.  Sunshine, would you like the solo?" he asks the small girl.  "I accept.  Thank you, Mr. Schue." Sunshine smiles.  Mercedes stands up from her chair, "You can't be serious!  You want to give Sunshine the solo?  What has she ever done to deserve it?"  "Mercedes, why don't you stop being a bitch and sit your ass down!  All you've done this week is go on and on, about how you never get any solos and Rachel gets all of them." Quinn said completely annoyed.

"What do you care Quinn?  You've always hated Rachel, now the two of you are best friends.  Why?  Santana did say everyone pretends to like her..." Mercedes got cut off by Santana launching out of her seat.  "Wheezy, don't use me, Quinn or anyone else as an excuse for you to bully Rachel.  The three of us worked out all of our crap, so stop attacking her!"  Mercedes sits back down as the club starts picking out songs.

At the end of practice, "Hey Quinn.  Do you and Santana want to come over and watch some movies?" Brittney asks.  "Sorry Brit, I'm gonna go see Rach, and last time I checked, Santana really doesn't want to talk to you." Quinn responded.  "Come on Quinn, it's been forever since we all hung out.  Please, please, please?"  "Sorry Brittney but I already have plans.  As far as Santana, she still doesn't want to talk to you.  See you Monday."  Quinn walks away and towards her car.  Santana asks her what that was about, to which Quinn says she'll tell her later.

Quinn and Santana get home and Quinn goes to change her clothes into a t-shirt and jeans before heading to Rachel's house.  Quinn goes and gets a bouquet of red roses before going to Rachel's house.  She knocks on the door and is surprised to see Rachel answer the door.  "She lives!" Quinn jokes.  Rachel chuckles alongside her girlfriend.  Rachel takes the bouquet of roses before giving Quinn a kiss.

The two get comfy on the couch as Rachel puts in Funny Girl, making Quinn roll her eyes slightly.  Rachel sits back down on the couch and Quinn wraps an arm around her girlfriend.  Rachel lays her head on her shoulder and the two melt into each other in silence for a while.  "How did school go today?" Rachel asked breaking the silence, her voice still a little raspy from being sick all week.  "It was okay." Quinn answered simply.

"Quinnie-bear, what are you not telling me?" Quinn sighs.  "Mercedes has been complaining all week about how when you come back on Monday, Mr. Schue was going to give you the solo despite being gone for a week."  "You did give him my note right?" Rachel questioned.  "Yeah, he gave the solo to Sunshine."  "That's good.  She deserves it."  Quinn nodded her head.  "Everyone's getting really upset and annoyed with Mercedes' behavior.  She tried to justify her actions by saying San and I bullied you in the past."  Rachel let out a sad sigh, she didn't always get along with Mercedes, but she thought they were friends to some extent.  This just proved in her mind that Mercedes isn't really her friend if she's going to be talking and complaining about her behind her back.

The girls went back to watching the movie, often exchanging a kiss or two.  Rachel had fallen asleep just before the movie ended, which prompted Quinn to pick up her girlfriend bridal style and carry her upstairs.  Rachel's fever had subsided the day prior, but she was still tired.  She tucks Rachel under the covers before climbing into bed next to her.  Rachel had slightly woken up and snuggled up into Quinn once she made her way into the bed.  Quinn wrapped her arms around the small brunette pulling her closer.  The two girls fell asleep wrapped in each others arms.  This wasn't how Quinn imagined spending Valentine's Day with Rachel, but she wouldn't trade it for anything.

A/N: This one was a bit shorter than usual, but I wanted to update this story before going back to work.  I've been on Vacation the past week and I've been putting two more stories together, but I'll get those out once this story is finished.

There's only a few more chapters left.  Next few chapters include, glee club and Finn, finding out about Rachel and Quinn's relationship, prom with some more Faberry fluff and then Nationals.

If you've been reading my other story The Geek & The Goth, I'm going to be discontinuing that story.  I might rewrite it later though, haven't decided yet.  

Thanks for Reading! :)