Part 14

"AarrggGGGHHHHHHGG !"

"Yes well, maybe next time you'll refrain from joining Lady Sif and the Warriors Three on a quest to Helheim." I give my naive daughter a fake smile as I stitch a fifth gash on her back. Yes, I could just ask my mother to heal her, but this was part of her training: knowing what wounds feel like and how much they hurt to tend to; it'll teach her to try and avoid dangerous situations.

"I thought it'd be fun since in the Norse Mythology books I read back on Midgard stated that I'd grow to rule it." she mutters stubbornly in between breaths.

"Mhm, and was it ?"

"...no." her answer is barely audible, showcasing how wrong she knew she was.

"That's what I thought, and you most definitely will not grow to rule over that wretched realm." I grimace as I gently pull her shirt back down.

""Honestly, I blame that moron Volstagg."

"Of course you do." I wasn't surprised; how could I be ? Every chance I got to blame Thor for incidents I caused, I took them without hesitation.

"It is true father !" she whips around to face me on the wooden stool, gritting her teeth slightly when she forgets about the cut in her abdomen. "He made a bet-"

"Later Raven, you need to rest now."

She pouts, making me smile. I conjure a brush, and run it gently through her shoulder length black hair. Her hair used to be very long, but a few years back when training started to get more intense, she started getting annoyed as it would hook in every nook and cranny, and wrap around her neck, using her sweat as glue. So, she cut it; it suited her of course – she's my daughter, she can pull anything off.

"But I'm not tired." she whines as she leans her head against my stomach.

"Your mind isn't, but your body is exhausted my love," I gently take her face in my hands, tilting her head up to look at me. "There's a cup of muscle soothing tea up in the library – go there and relax."