~ Prequel ~

New York, 2012

"Shhh, sleep little one," he says as he gently places his fragile baby in between a fort of soft pillows on the bed. "You're safe now, I promise darling." he whispers to his snoozing pale blue daughter. He hovers his hands above her, allowing a transparent green glow to encase her. No harm will come to the innocent child. Hearing the man of Iron approaching, the trickster God places a sweet kiss on the baby's forehead, fighting to suppress a teary gaze and a pained expression. He didn't know when he'd be able to see her, and he'd only known her for 5 days...

The God puts on a facade as he and Tony stare each other down as they entered the tower – he couldn't let a single soul see his melancholy emotions.

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity." Loki says, trudging forward with the scepter in hand.

"Uh actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

Loki smirks – there's nothing in this world anyone could threaten him with...now that his most prized possession layed safely in this very building, far away from the villainous, purple Titan. "You should've left your armour on for that."

"Yeah," Stark says, descending the stairs. "it's been a bit of a mileage. You've got the blue stick of destiny." Stark points to the weapon that had been handed to Loki as a 'gift' – which was to be used to take over Midgard. Loki looked down at it with pure hatred, but masked it with a wicked smirk. "Would you like a drink ?"

Loki forces a chuckle as he shifts the scepter from his right hand to his left. "Stalling me won't change anything."

"No no no ! Threatening," Stark corrects the God as he makes his way behind his bar. "No drink ? You sure ? I'm havin' one."

E: What have you done you fool !

Loki has to mask his annoyed expression when Ebony Maw's vile voice speaks in his mind.

E: You've made a mistake double crossing the Almighty Titan – you better hope the Chitauri don't rip you to shreds

"The Chirauri are coming..." Loki says, worry in his voice – worry that Stark didn't pick up on thankfully. He thought he'd have more time until the Chitauri would be sent...but it appears not. Time to leave this tower in hopes that the 'vacancy' of it would lead the army of aliens away from the building. "Nothing will change that," he stares out of the floor to ceiling window, suppressing a lump that grew in his throat. "What have I to fear ?" he feigns a smirk; that was a lie – and a big one at that.

***

"Brother-"

"No Loki – I do not wish to speak to you." Thor says as he escourts his cuffed brother toward the Asgardian prison.

"But this is incredibly imp-"

"Loki !" the blonde God whirls to glare at his brother, fuming. "You've betrayed me far too many times. I am done listening to your lies, and your schemes and -"

"I have a daughter."

Thor's angry expression wavers for a second, before shaking his head. "Are you serious ? More lies brother ?"

"It is nothing but the truth that I am telling you, brother." Loki speaks, desperately hoping his brother doesn't dismiss his truthful statement.

"Loki-"

"Allow me to show you."

Thor laughs in disbelief. "You think I'd allow you to go into my head ?"

"Tell me, what possible reason do I have to tell a fib about having a daughter." Loki presses. He needs Thor to believe him – otherwise leaving Raven on Midgard would've been a fatal choice. One he'd never forgive himself for.

"I don't know Loki, but you're a trickster – always have been." Thor mutters that last part as he forces Loki to keep walking.

Alright, time to...plead; the mere thought of begging and pleading disgusted Loki – but he'd do anything and everything for the protection of his only child. "Thor, please."

Thor turned to look at his brother, definitely not missing the actual plead in his raspy voice. It wasn't possible, Thor thought. His brother, a father ? A unfeasible thing surely – but as Loki stared intensly into his brothers crystal blue eyes, the God of Thunder found himself believing. He did in fact, have a niece.

"But Loki," he shakes his head trying to get his thoughts in order. "How ?" Loki held out a cuffed hand – and Thor gives his brother a weary look before placing Loki's hand on his forehead.

Then – then the usually chirpy God had to suppress tears when his brother showed him what had truly happened, and why he had no choice in what he did.

L: Please brother, please – protect her with your life

Loki removes his hand from his brothers head, just as four Asgardian guards neared them. Thor, as protocol, handed him to the Asgardian authorities. Before him and Loki broke eye contact, Thor nodded firmly. "I promise brother."

"