P r o l o g u e

*WARNING - contains major chainsaw man spoilers! I recommend reading chainsaw man before reading this fan fiction.

This story will contain themes of manipulation.

I apologise for my bad writing 🗿

Thank you for reading :)
_______________________________

Thank you for reading :)_______________________________

Saiki stepped into the classroom. He could hear the muttering of all the, what he likes to call, background characters before zoning them out as per usual. He kept his head down and opted to stare at the floor as to not make eye contact with anyone.

Saiki was never a social person, he always preferred to be alone and it had been this way for as long as he could remember. But for some unknown reason, the poor boy was cursed with psychic powers. Now, he didn't know if this phenomenon was caused by his powers, or if god just hated him, but almost eveyone was drawn to him. Now when he says everyone he doesn't mean everyone.

No, what he means by that is he attracts all the weird, annoying people. The type of people who would always draw attention to him. And no matter how hard he tries to avoid them, those people, if you could call them that, would always find their way to him.

That's why he wasn't surprised when he heard the rumours that there was going to be a new transfer student. The most recent transfer, Reita Toritsuka, had somehow weaselled his way into Saiki's school, making Saiki's personal hell even worse. He had assumed that this new transfer was going to somehow get involved with his life and make it even more of a disaster than it already is.

The loud class had ceased their chatter once the teacher had shushed them and announced that the infamous new transfer was waiting outside the classroom, just out of view.

The classroom door opened and the student walked in. She walked with pure confidence and stood in front of the class, head held high and arms placed neatly behind her back. A small smile was placed on her lips, she stood tall and radiated a feeling of absolute superiority.

Her alluring, hypnotic eyes scanned over the room, her smile never once breaking.

"Hello," she introduced "my name is y/n."

It was a simple introduction and yet the class shivered at her words. Her soft voice seemed to echo through the room. Even the great Kusuo Saiki felt weak when he looked into her mesmeric eyes.

The teacher had ordered her to sit next to him. She walked with elegance and grace. Despite the girl doing nothing of interest, the class was completely and utterly captivated with her every move.

But she either didn't notice or didn't care because she paid no attention to any of them except for him. She had stopped in front of Saiki's desk and slowed moved her body forward down to his level, now they were eye to eye. The way she looked at him with that unbreaking smile that he wasn't sure was entirely true, or the way her eyes glowed in comparison to the slight shadow cast down on her face caused a weirdly off-putting feeling to swell up in his chest which strangely provided comfort.

"Hello Saiki, I hope we get along."

Saiki felt shivers going down his spine when he heard her soft voice speak his name.

"Yeah."

He felt pure tranquility when he locked eyes with her.

Tranquility was something Saiki had never gotten to experience, not even as a child. Trust me when he says that having peoples thoughts constantly flooding into your head is not a pleasing experience and as someone who just wanted to be left alone, never being able to truly be at peace was something he always loathed.

But when he stared into her eyes all the voices seemed to disappear. Saiki was so distracted by her presence that he hadn't noticed that..

. . . he couldn't read her mind.