Epilogue

I moved down the candle lined path slowly. Jason kept smiling down at me making me even more nervous then I already was. He looked handsome I had to admit, thanks to Cam of course. She had dressed him in a simple black suit with a deep purple button up, matching the rest of the theme. I looked out around us, every member of our family there.

Dana and Angelique were wrangling the triplets both wearing floor length purple dresses, trying to keep the three little girls quiet. But they were my nieces, they weren’t having it. Jean frowned at her mother every time she tried to give her a pacifier, her bright grey eyes the spitting image of her father, of our mother. Morgan pulled Dana’s hair and smiled at her twin, Maddie when the youngest of the three squealed. Morgan turned her bright blues on me as I passed them, looking sheepish when her father growled at her. Only a year old and already they knew the growl of a wolf. Maddie laughed and turned her chocolate browns on her father as well, who seemed to soften as soon as he saw his youngest, already his favorite even if he didn’t admit it.

“I told you, three of your own.” I mocked him and he laughed as we continued down the path.

“You will always be my first.” I hugged his arm tighter as I looked at the rest of the family, all dressed in purple, black and grey.

Jason was doing well as a mate and father. He no longer was just the math teacher at the high school but was part of the school board that Megan over saw. He enjoyed the role and the hours fit perfectly to being the primary care giver to the girls. Dana never left her job, she loved it too much but with Jason working at the pack house most of the time, the girls just came to the pack house like so many of the other babies in the pack did.

We had picked the lake to have the ceremony. It was the best spot, it was the spot we had told each other our darkest secrets. Where our souls had connected in a way they never had with any other. We chose the night of a full moon, true to our nature as the moon shined down on us in the clearing. We hadn’t wanted a big gathering, only the family. Though back at the pack house the whole pack was gathered and waiting for us to return. Ready to welcome their Alphas back home.

Cam had planned the whole thing of course, she was actually very good at planning parties. She was going to school at the local college and interning in the city with a party planner.  She had lined the path we would walk with candles, reminding me of the night Zander had proposed, over two years before. She of course was not just my wedding planner but my maid of honor. Standing proudly up front as we made our way to them, the long grey dress she had chosen identical to the others except for the color. It was a simple sheath dress with thin straps. Perfect for the warm spring night.

She had never gotten back with Will, he had shown his true colors just as Chris had. While she had been grounded due to the whole mess with Chris, he had found another and marked her without ever telling Cam. Cam had to find out the hard way when there was a pack wide meeting and they had shown up together. It didn’t take long for Will to move to the East Coast. But Cam wasn’t sad, she shook it off as she always did and said good riddance. She was dating a tracker, he was older than her by about 6 years but Aidan and Zander both approved. She was going to announce after the wedding that they were going to mate.

I smiled over at Megan wearing the same dress in all black, her belly showing once more. She was one of my bride’s maids of course. Aidan and she were on their second child, this time deciding to find out the sex. We were all happy to hear it was a boy considering that Jason just had three girls. Aidan was thrilled of course and looked just as handsome as Jason did in his matching suit. He was of course the best man.

I looked at Sara, her own belly large and on full display. She wore the same dress as Megan, both only a few months apart. Lex stood behind Aidan, a groom’s man for his brother. They had grown closer, more friends than siblings but I think for both of them it was enough. She and Lex had wasted no time in starting a family even though both were busy with careers.  They too were having a boy. Lex was still training to be an elite warrior and so far was on the fast track. He was amazing. Sara was still taking courses for child development and working part time in the pack nursery. We had decided with so many children in our family, in the pack house, we might as well open up a nursery, turning one of the rooms in the basement into just that. Sara, Angelique, and Dominque ran it.