Chapter 4- Expose me

*Short chapter ahead, but trust me, be ready for the twists and turns that are to come.*

Derrick's POV

The shower running wakes me from my slumber. The bright light hits immediately as I open my eyes. I look next to me and Peyton isn't there.

I walk towards the bathroom and I see her petite body through the steam and my glass shower. She notices me and pokes her head out. "Sorry, after last night I had to shower. It was like a workout." She jokes and I chuckle waving her off.

"No worries, make yourself comfortable here." She grins and goes back to showering. I brush my teeth, lay some sweats and a big t-shirt on my bed for her and head downstairs. I pull out some eggs and toast and start cooking.

Peyton appears in my clothes and I can't help but examine her up and down. She looks so good in my clothes.

But Ally looks better. I shake my head ridding myself of those toxic thoughts. I have Peyton here now. I may not love her, or even like her in that way, at least not right now, but she fills the void. I deserve happiness. I deserve someone who keeps me healthy. Someone strong who doesn't fake their death and hurt everyone they love to run away from their problems.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Peyton asks looking at me concerned. I shake my head and kiss her cheek. "Just a weird dream I had, just thinking about it. Nothing important." She smiles and proceeds to tell me about a meeting she has later. Her voice fades into the distance as my thoughts continue to overtake my hearing capabilities.

Ally's POV

"He is actually in a meeting right now. Can I take a message?" I ask writing their name and number down. "Of course, I will notify him as soon as he is available. Have a great day." I write the business inquiry down and head to Ian's office. He is intently looking at his computer screen, typing away. I lightly knock and he smiles from ear to ear as he realizes it's me.

"Good morning! Sorry I haven't been out there to say hello. My email is flooding with clients." I smile as I shake my head.

"It's okay, I understand. People have been calling for you left and right. I can only imagine when they can reach you directly." He nods and motions for me to shut the door.

"You look very stunning today." He compliments and my cheeks grow hot. "I mean you always do, I was just saying today, you're radiating, glowing if I may." He coughs covering up his awkward transition, but cute nonetheless.

"I wonder why." I joke and it's his turn for the rosiness to appear on his cheeks. I clear my throat after a moment of silence and place the note on his desk. "That is a message from Mr. Millachek. He is inquiring about some business."

"What in particular?" He examines the note with knitted eyebrows.

"Honestly, I am unsure. He wouldn't disclose that with me over the phone. Stated he wanted to speak directly to you about it." He nods but has a disapproving frown.

"We need to make our clients aware that you are going to be my partner. They need to be comfortable speaking with you about business matters as much as me. I say we schedule some meetings over dinner to get you properly acquainted." My stomach erupted with warmth as he sounds so professional yet considerate. He wants to make sure I am respected and taken seriously. He really believes in me.

"I would love that. I want to make a great impression, let them know I am worthy of their business."

He chuckles a bit and motions for me to take a seat. "Rose, you're more than worthy. You deserve this. It's really about trust. But they will see how intelligent and serious you are. After all, I saw that and they're my clients. So they will too." He winks and I giggle like a school girl.

"Well, I appreciate your confidence in me. I will not let you down."

"I know you won't." He smiles sincerely. That damn smile would have me on the floor by now, but my phone interrupts me.

"Do you mind?" He shakes his head and I look to see who was the culprit who interrupted such a beautiful moment.

From: Dad

Hey princess,

I know it is last minute but I've arranged an impromptu gathering tomorrow night. Some guests will be business, but mostly friends. I would really like you to be there. It won't be all professional, I promise. Drinks and chatting.

Love, Dad

I smile and I look at Ian.

"What are you doing tomorrow night?" He looks taken aback but shrugs.

"Nothing after work, why?"

Without even thinking I invite him. "My father is having this gathering tomorrow. He has these quite frequently, mostly for business though. But it seems this one will be mostly friends. They are quite extravagant. Would you be interested in maybe," I trail off not knowing how to address him as he is my boss, well, now partner.

"Being your date?" Be finished for me cheekily.

"Uh, yes." I laugh and he nods eagerly. "Of course! I will bring out my best suit."

I let out a small laugh and nod. "Fantastic. I will text you the details." He nods and I leave his office. I am excited yet nervous. I haven't been this interested in someone since Derrick. Don't forget about Ashton. My subconscious reminds me.

I shake my head trying to rid myself of the thoughts. Derrick was my first love. Real love. Ashton could have been something and I wanted it to be real, but after seeing him with the one who literally made it her mission to get me to kill myself, proves I misjudged who I let into my small circle. It is proof that I was right in seeing how that would play out. I know I faked my death, but it was for the best. I was bringing everyone else down. He claimed to have loved me and wanted me forever, but he chooses her to fall in love with? That means I made the right choice in starting over. It was suppose to be for them but now i see it was for myself.