TWO

Emmett Fontaine

Emmett Fontaine. His name was on loop in my head. Something about this mysterious man was dangerous, but even if I didn't want to admit it, I wanted to see him again.

The coaster in my hand, I walked back and forth. "I'm home!", Ally shouted from the entryway. I ran to her, making her jump. "Why do you look this worked up?", she asked me looking at the slip in my hand. "What is that?"

She ripped it out of my hand, I tried taking it back. Lowly I responded, "It's a guy's number from the club"

"Oh! And you're wondering if you should call him!" Ally knew me too well. I nodded. "What's his name?" "Emmett Fontaine" She giggled. "Sounds so French"

"So should I call him?", I looked at her while she frowned thinking about it, thinking very seriously about the situation.

"I think you should. If you're so worked up over him, it's that you really want to see him again. I think you're hesitating because you're scared he'll say no to a next encounter. Or that he gave you a wrong number", she exclaimed laughing.

"It's not funny!" I pouted.

"So you think I should?"

"Yeah totally."

I went up to my room, I closed the door shut behind me. Different scenarios ran through my head about how I would start the conversation and if he would even pick up the phone. It was getting very late.

Maybe I should call him tomorrow. No Amara! You've got this!

I dialed the number into my phone. It rang once. Twice. Thrice. As it was about to ring for the fourth time, someone picked it up.

"Allô?", Emmett's voice sounded so deep. His words in my ear turned me on.

"Hi it's me Amara," Why was I being this shy?

"Bonsoir trésor, how are you doing? Miss me already?", he said playfully, clearly making fun of me.

"What if I was?"

" Then come see me sweetheart. I'll send a car over in ten. Be ready." I was confused and hesitant.

I heard Ally shouting from outside, "Just go!" I knew she would try listening to our conversation. "Sure, I'll send you my address", he cut me off before I could finish my sentence. "No need angel"

Did he already know my address? And how did he find it? I felt a little weirded out by the fact that we barely knew each other and yet he already knew where I lived. This man was definitely different.

I changed into a more casual dress. It hugged my body, on the shorter side, with a lot of cleavage.

"Amara! There's a black car in front of the building!", Ally shouted again. "Is that a Bentley? He's fucking rich!", she was astonished. I just laughed at the look on her face when I opened the door.