THREE

My flaws, my suffering, my scars and painful memories

My flaws, my suffering, my scars and painful memories. Amara knew exactly what she was talking about. These flaws made me who I am today. They made me the monster, the heartless being that I am now.

Amara was too good for me. She was everything that I wasn't. She was compassionate, caring, loving. All the things that made her, her.

She dried herself off and wore my shirt. It was too large for her, but she looked so good in it. She laid beside me in bed. Drawing circles on my abdomen, resting her head on my chest, the exhaustion hit us.

"Amara, I would like you to accompany me to an event later this week. It has to do with my job, since you want to learn more about me, so this would be the perfect opportunity to."

"Depends when and what the job implies. But you have to know, this would mean whatever happened between us tonight will be over. I have a strict policy Mr. Fontaine..." The suspense killed me. She was taking this extremely seriously.

"There will be no kissing, no inappropriate touching and absolutely no sex"

"Why is that?" She sat on top of me, leaning in, to whisper in my ear, "You're going to be my client Mr. Fontaine, you'll have to follow the rules, just like all of my clients", she said caressing my nicely trimmed beard.

Amara was a temptress. Such a tease. She knew I liked the way she acted around me.

"Are you challenging me, mon coeur?" She threw her head back laughing.

She got off and laid beside me, this time closing her eyes before drifting to sleep. She looked so peaceful, the moonlight shining on her dark hair, hitting her face at the perfect angle.

I hated having to leave Amara to wake up alone, but I had to. I grabbed a suit from my closet and a pair of shoes, looked at her pretty face before closing the door and leaving with Max.

 I grabbed a suit from my closet and a pair of shoes, looked at her pretty face before closing the door and leaving with Max

I woke up the next morning, alone. His side of the bed was cold. He had left for quite some time.

Disappointed he wasn't next to me, I looked around the room for my dress so I could get ready. All I found was a note, Emmett left on his bedside table.