11|| THE FIRST GAIN

" Youngblood thinks there's always tomorrow,
I need more time but time can't be borrowed--"

                                     -Justin Bieber (Ghost)

      "Okay... take care. Honestly, I wouldn't have gone too, had her mom not sent the invite." Gabbie's voice went from a muffled worried to a distorted tiredness, over the phone.

"Yeah, well, have fun for me, Gabs."

    "There's no fun without you, Ro." I could envision her soft smile, even though we were miles away-- one dressing up for the party she was least interested to go to; the other safely tucked within her comforter in her bedroom.

"Oh c'mon, the others will be there too. And I expect you to tell me the details later. It's Rebecca's party, something or the other's bound to happen." I snickered, shaking my head.

I wished I wouldn't have said that.

   Gabbie let out a laugh. "True that. Alright, take care of your health. Hannah and the rest are at the door. I'll drop by after-party to disturb you."

" You better be true to your words." I smiled, before hanging up and letting out a lonely sigh.
After throwing up during class, a couple of days earlier, my health had worsened, kind of. From the arrival of that cramping period of the month to a constant nausea cutting through my bones, my body was weak, fatigued and uninterested in doing anything other than sleeping 24×7.

    Thankfully enough, those headless zombies spewing out blood and radioactive tarantulas didn't appear in any of my dreams so far, as they'd done before.

    I exhaled without a purpose. Talking with Gabbie had rejuvenated my energy to some extent, but it couldn't go on forever.

I longed for company, yet earnestly prayed to be left alone.

    Fishing out my phone, I checked my socials and our university website for something intersting. Usually, they'd post interesting researches and upcoming events, along with the monthly magazine submissions.
Scrolling uselessly for about an hour or so, I was about to head out of the page when something caught my eye.

The Grandé Muse Competition.

    A global musical event hosted by different colleges annually, with promising prizes and tons of exposure to new tunes, cultures, people and famous celebrities- the ultimate, one of a kind experience for all music lovers.

   This time, Florida was hosting it, in the form of a mega Halloween themed event.

    A new excitement seemed to thump into my veins, making me fidget beneath the sheets as I clicked on the details link.
   Maybe this was the liberation that I needed from annoying enemies and eerie chills at midnight. Or, in that case, dangerous warnings marked across my bedroom wall.