1|| THE MIDNIGHT GAME

The "Midnight Game" is apparently an old Pagan ritual, which was used for punishing those who'd break the laws of the Pagan religion.

While it was mainly used as a scare tactic to teach a lesson for disobeying the gods, and this claim is unsubstantiated, there is still a rare, but very existent chance of death to those who play the Midnight Game.

    There is an even higher chance of permanent mental scarring.

    Hence, It is highly recommended that you DO NOT PLAY THE MIDNIGHT GAME.

  (However, for those few thrill seekers or paranormal hunters, these are the instructions on how to play.)
KINDLY DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK...

INSTRUCTIONS:-

PREREQUISITES:

•It must be exactly 12:00 AM when you begin performing the ritual. Otherwise, it will not work.

•It can be played single or with multiple people together.

MATERIALS:

▪A candle (one for each player)
▪ A piece of paper
▪ A writing implement
▪ A wooden door
▪ clean needle
▪ Matches or a lighter (IMPORTANT)
▪ Salt (IMPORTANT)

If you are playing with multiple people, they will need their own aforementioned materials and each person will have to perform the steps individually.

PROCEDURE:

STEP 1:-

Write your full name (first, middle, and last) on the piece of paper.

Prick your finger with the needle to draw just one drop of blood.
Put that drop on the paper.
Make sure that you do not use somebody else's blood on the paper with your name on it.

Each player has to do it.

STEP 2:-

Turn off all of the lights in the place you are playing this game. The house must be completely dark.

Go to your wooden door, and place the paper with your name infront of it. If there are more than one players, all of their names must be put there.

STEP 3:-

Now, take out the candle and light it. Place it on top of the paper.

STEP 4:-

Knock on the door twenty-two times. It can be done by one person only.
Ensure that the final knock is exactly at 12:00 midnight.

Then, open the door, blow out the candle, and close it.

Congratulations! You have just allowed the "Midnight Man" to enter your house.

STEP 5:-

Immediately, relight your candle and start moving.

This is where the game begins.

THE GAME:-

You must now lurk around your completely dark house, with the lit candle in your hand.

Your goal is to avoid the Midnight Man at all costs, until 3:33 A.M.

THE CATCH:-

⊙ Should your candle go out, that means the Midnight Man is near you.
IMMEDIATELY RELIGHT YOUR CANDLE WITHIN THE NEXT 10 SECONDS.

-> If you are successful in relighting your candle, you may proceed with the game.

-> If you are not successful in lighting the candle, THEN SURROUND YOURSELF WITH A COMPLETE CIRCLE OF SALT AT ONCE.

⊙ You must remain in that circle until 3:33 AM.

⊙ If you are unsuccessful in both of your actions, the Midnight Man will catch you.
    Accounts differ as to what befalls a player caught by him. It has been noted that he will create a hallucination of your greatest fear till the end of the game, or rip out your organs one by one. 
You will feel it, but be unable to react.

There are no known methods to abort the game.

To win this, you must continue it until 3:33 AM, without being attacked by the Midnight Man, or being trapped inside the circle of salt. If all the players get caught or bound by the salt circle, it is their defeat.

The Midnight Man will supposedly leave your house at 3:33 AM, making it safe to switch on the lights and proceed with your morning.

HOW TO DETECT HIM:-

The most common indications that you are near the Man will include:

○ Sudden drop in temperature and chills
○ Candle flame going out
○ Seeing a pure black, shadowy, humanoid figure through the darkness
○ Hearing phantom whispers coming from an indiscernible source.

If you experience any of these, it is advised that you leave the area to avoid the Midnight Man.

PRECAUTIONS:-

* DO NOT turn any of the lights on during the Midnight Game.

* DO NOT use a flashlight during the game.

* DO NOT go to sleep during the game.

* DO NOT attempt to use another person's blood on your name. (That's cheating!) Ensure that it is just a drop.

* DO NOT use a lighter as a substitute for a candle. It will not work.

*DO NOT attempt to leave the house during the game. He does not appreciate it.

*DEFINITELY DO NOT attempt to make fun of, chide or provoke the Midnight Man in ANY WAY. He does not take to it kindly.

* MOST IMPORTANTLY,  KINDLY DO NOT ASSUME THAT THE MIDNIGHT MAN HAS LEFT YOU FOR GOOD ONCE THE GAME IS OVER.

Good luck! 

(Sources:-

https://creepypasta.fandom.com/wiki/Midnight_Game
https://theghostinmymachine.com/2014/03/31/the-most-dangerous-games-the-midnight-game/ )