𝒫𝒶𝓇𝓉 ℱℴ𝓊𝓇

"I can't believe this! How the hell could he turn against us like that? We had him, Stef! We finally had the upper hand!"
Damon paced back and forth, running a hand through his dark hair as he tried to calm himself, a half empty glass of bourbon in his other one.

Stefan sat on the couch, his shirt stained with now dry blood, also nursing his own drink as he half listened to his brother ranting. He was too pissed off to think about Klaus and too stressed to deal with Damon.

He didn't want to hear about the Originals at the moment, instead he wanted to drink until he passed out and deal with everything the next day, when they had calmed down. But, knowing his brother, his wish wasn't going to be granted.

Damon wouldn't let anybody rest until he had a new plan sorted to get revenge. His brother had cursed each Original on the way home and hadn't stopped for a second. They had returned over an hour earlier and Damon was still as angry as he was when they left the mansion.

"The only thing we had as some sort of leverage is that coffin but according to Judgy, that isn't working out so well either. She isn't powerful enough the witch bitch said. She wasn't going to risk herself and her mother. The one time her juju is useful to me and she screws us over!"

Stefan let out a groan, massaging his neck with his free hand before he replied to his brother."This is so not my day. We're too pissed off to think about anything right now, let's just leave it until tomorrow. At least we know that they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Well, that could be good or bad. Let's hold off getting our asses kicked once again until another day, okay?"

"No! Not okay. I'm done with them. Those twins aren't good news, either. We haven't just got the most powerful creature in history in our town but we also have his siblings who just happen to be as psychotic as him and if that isn't bad enough, they have a grudge against us. The coffin isn't going to open and they want it back. We've got nothing. We're screwed."

"We? No, no, no, it was your idea to trust Elijah, not mine. If this is anyone's fault, it's yours."
"Thanks, brother, i'm really feeling the love. What are we going to do?"
"I don't know, Damon. Move?"
Damon stopped pacing for second to glare at his brother before he returned to his previous task.

He downed his drink in one go, hands shaking in anger before he growled, flashing over to his bar. But just as he was about to pour himself another drink, the front door swung open, and in walked the calmest Original.

Eyes widening, Stefan jumped to his feet, standing by Damon, both sharing a concerned look. Elijah, straightening his suit jacket sauntered into the boarding house, a smile on his face in greeting.

"Good evening, gentleman."
Stefan blinked, as if he hadn't been surprised that Elijah had walked in. "I'm sure that it wasn't a society rule in your time, but there is a thing called knocking."

"I'm pretty certain that I do not care. But if you want to make an issue our of my presence in your lovely home, I have no objection."
Eyes flickering between the brothers, Elijah held his arms out, daring them to make a move against him.

Moments passed and when neither Salvatore made a sign of wanting to fight, he released a chuckle, amused. Though Klaus had a slight upper hand on Elijah because of him being a hybrid, the older Mikaelson brother was much more feared. Klaus was somewhat reckless and you expected him to act.

But with Elijah, you never knew what to expect. He could be calm and collected but still make your blood run cold with a look. He could rip you apart and still be polite about it.
"Very well. Now that is settled, let's get on with the reason i'm here."

Damon brought his glass to his lips, a look of hatred on his face, with some curiosity."...and what's that?"
"I want the coffin you stole from us."

Mikaelson Mansion – The Day Before
"I want this one."
Kaylee released a contented sigh as she entered what was to be her new bedroom, which was as far away from the rest of their siblings, on the other side of the mansion.