CHAPTER I

The tale was of a princess born to royalty with gem eyes and golden hair. The tale was of a family, the mother as gorgeous as the moon and the father as strong as the sun. Their child was meant to be like them, she had every quality a princess would die for. Her beauty was beyond word and her braveness was perfect for the heir of their kingdom. Her expert charms were appreciated throughout the empire and her Knowledge and skills just added to it.

Though a question remained, who reincarnated me into this world?

When I first opened my eyes after my so-called first death, I was in a room made of grey bricks and it had a dark shade to it. A strand of golden hair fell in front of my eyes as I laid down on the wooden floor. My eyes scanned the surroundings and it did not seem even a bit familiar. I blinked my eyes twice, where exactly was I?

After a little consciousness came to me, I got up and sat  on the floor. I looked around and saw a table full of liquids and gases in glass containers and books. I tried to remember what had last happened and how in the world I reached here. The last thing I remembered was dying. My death was due to crashing into another car. That too, when being kidnapped. There was no way I would have survived that crash. I even remember dying very clearly. Even if I did survive the crash, I did not know anything about this place. Surely, I am dead. Is this hell, perhaps?

Before my long trail of thoughts ended, I heard the door open. I turned my head around to see a young boy of about 10. He had black untidy hair and red crimson eyes. He wore black clothing with a green cloak.

“Care to explain who the hell are you and what are you doing here?”

He suddenly spoke. I stared at him for a while then blinked twice. A realization hit me that I was not answering and just sitting there. He might be the owner of the house!

I quickly stood up and bowed my head low, “um, uh, sorry. I am Christine”. I could feel a hard gaze on me as he crossed his arms and looked down at me. “And what are you doing here again?” he asked with a raised eyebrow. Well, that was a hard question since I didn’t know what was I doing here or where even is here.

I lifted my head and looked at him nervously, “I.. don’t know”, was all I could say. He tilted his head to the side as I sweated nervously. I clearly did not know what was going to happen or if what I said was not stupid.

Surprisingly enough, a smirk became visible on his face. “You don’t know, you say. How about I cut off your limbs, maybe then you’ll know”.

My eyes widened as I took a step back protectively. Is he a maniac?! I mean, sure I appeared in his house out of nowhere but cutting my limbs off to make me speak?! What kind of psychopathic idea is that?!

“H-hey, I am telling the truth, you believe me or not!” I said as I shivered and looked around for an object to protect myself with. I didn’t even have my pen with me! He walked closer to me and I stepped farther back. I gulped down as I moved more and more away from him. My palms were sweaty and my feet trembling. Our eyes were locked and he was walking towards me as if he was about to pull a knife out and stab me in a move. Surely, being scared of a ten-year-old kid while yourself being 24 wasn’t normal but this kid had a powerful aura around him, it made him scary in any possible way.

What I did not expect to happen, was him putting a hand on my head as a small pat. I stopped going back and froze like a statue. He removed his hand and said, “oh so you are telling the truth”. He kept a hand on his chin and continued as he took a step back, “then who putted you here?”. I blinked as I looked at him with shock. Soon, I rested my muscles too. “let me see about that, but I do have some questions though” He said as he sat down on the nearby chair. My vision followed him as he did so and I said, “okay, I’ll answer them, but I’ll ask you some too”. He shrugged his shoulders and said, “fair enough by me”.

He turned the chair around and sat on it by leaning in the backrest. “So first question”, he started, “are you from the royalty or any of your relatives?”. He received a dumbfounded, confused look for that. Royalty? As in monarchy? “No” I answered. He raised an eyebrow and asked, “A noble, perhaps?”. I blinked again and answered, “No...?”. He looked at me with lazy eyes and said, “Then how do you have such a large amount of mana?”. I frowned and asked, “I... do?”. He sighed and said, “never mind, to the next question, do you actually belong here?”. I wondered upon that question. Did I? Looking outside the large window, I guessed not. Because there was a large garden of red roses decorated with trees on the sides. My vision also covered a huge town like place down the road. It surely did not look like any place near to where I live. Also judging from the room’s structure and the stuff inside, also from his clothes. It seemed as if I had reached another world. Pfft- that was an impossible situation, or was it?

“No”, I firmly answered after a while. As the daughter of the mafia boss, I knew I have to be well aware he doesn’t pull out important information with this, but these questions which he asked were harmless. He sighed once again and said, “alright, now you go”.

“So my first question should be, who exactly are you?” I began. He looked at me and said, “A wizard, the strongest of this era. But you must know me by the name Lucas”. I looked at him. My eyes wide and in shock. Did he just say a wizard? Is he nuts or am I hearing things? Is this hell and he is Lucifer? I stared at him for a while then continued, “ok...? Now, moving on to the next question, where am I?”. It was better to ask him than make dumb assumptions. His answer was, “Obelia, also, just so you know, you are right now in a part of the imperial castle”. I almost choked on my saliva. The first thing was that I had never heard of Obelia in my whole lifetime, and the second was about the imperial palace thing. I failed to understand what the situation was. Was I perhaps...

Reincarnated?

“That’s all?” suddenly he snapped me out of my thoughts. “huh? Um yeah, that would be all”, I replied quickly.

“Okay, so here’s the thing, you have a lot of mana overflowing your little body, so I would like to see the reason behind it. Your mana also seems... Interesting, it is almost as if you are, kind of, artificial” He said as he got up from the chair and turned around. “also”- he continued as he faced back- “We will now meet his majesty so that we could talk about me taking you as my lab rat”. I stood there without a word and watched him without an idea of what was happening. All I could think about was-

Have I been reincarnated to a fairy tale?