CHAPTER VI

I tied my hair in a loose braid and smoothened my dress. A fresh morning breeze entered the room as I opened my window. It was 5 in the morning and today was the princess’ birthday. I had been called in the emerald palace for the preparations of the ball. Lucas was quite busy too, in his wizard works.

Anxious but excited, I headed for the palace, accompanied by large bushes of deep red roses. The stone street of the garden was quite aesthetic and the morning mist just made it better.

Once I reached there, I recognised 2 faces. One was the maid that I saw when I had tea with princess and one was the red head knight who stood outside the emperor’s chambers when I first visited him. They both were decorating the palace. There was a huge rush, food of all kinds was being cooked, musicians were practicing, the palace was being decorated, floors were being moped, etc. Soon, I hopped into the rush too helping maids get stuff from one place to another.

I looked over at a guard trying his best to take 4 plates of dishes together at once. He looked very clumsy and almost slipped, a maid hit his head from the back and told him to stand properly, he apologized and continued to take the dishes to the table. Obviously, he let on of the plates fall, but thankfully, I was close enough to catch it before it gets splattered all over the floor. He gasped and quickly uttered, “Oh my god, I am so sorry, miss!”. I looked over him and sighed. I took two of the dishes from his hands and smiled at him. We both kept the dishes on the table together then I said, “Mister, you must not take more than you can handle, it might have harmed you”. He bowed his head and said, “I deeply apologize!”. I chuckled lightly.

He was a grown adult with light hair and greyish eyes. He was tall and lean. He had a dark skin tone and his hair was done in a ponytail. He wore the same red – blue uniform as the red headed guard. He had untied shoe laces, a messy uniform and a loosely hanged tie.

A maid appeared behind him and immediately said, “Liam! Were you being troublesome again!”. The guard looked up with scared expression and said “I-I’m sorry, Lusa!”. The maid looked over at me and her expression immediately changed from an angry one to a kind one. “Ah, I apologize if he did something stupid”, she said in a sweet tone. I smiled back at her and replied, “No worries! He did nothing wrong”. Then the maid looked at Liam and grabbed him by the ear and dragged him as he wined in pain.

The maid had brown hair, dark in colour and done in a low bun, her eyes were an olive green. She had a light skin tone and some freckles along her cheeks, although not so noticeable.

They got lost from my sight pretty quick and I got busy in my works too.

At around 10 o’clock in the morning, I walked back to the tower, through the same route by the roses and on the stone pathway. Although the mist had risen, it’s beauty was still there. The sun rays reached me from the dense trees of variety planted near by the roses. Sounds of birds chirping filled the quite environment and  swarms of bees and butterflies can be seen in the bushes. The fresh smell of roses and sharp grass made the environment fitting for summer. I gazed over to a large and beautiful lake beside me. It was blue and clear, reflecting the sunlight and blinding my eyes. I smiled to myself at the peaceful sight just when I bumped into a wall-

As cliché as it sounds, It wasn’t a wall. Maybe you guessed it or maybe not but the person I bumped into was no other then our beloved Claude De Alger Obelia.

I went back a bit from the sudden hit and looked up rubbing my forehead, and there he was, giving me a cold and deadly stare. I stared into his sapphire eyes for a few moments before immediately freaking out. My face went pale and eyeballs smaller. I realized that I had bumped into the Satan himself. I felt like a tiny grain of sand as compared to him. He was wearing what I have always seen him wear, a white loose robe.