25. Looking for Zuko and Katara (Working Together, With No Betrayal)

"Momo!" The group had just jumped off Appa to get into their house, seeing their flying lemur friend coming at them.

Toph looked around. She could feel there was no movement in the house, and at midday, that meant there wasn't anybody here.

"There's no one else here." She confirmed for the rest of them.

"Katara is in trouble! I knew it!" Aang said. His Avatar vision proving to be right. Toph still wasn't sure how all that stuff worked.

"Oh no!" Sokka said.

"Wait! Someone's at the door." She thought she might recognise his steps. Toph smiled a little. The person knocked on the door right after she'd spoke. "Actually, I know who it is. It's an old friend of mine."

The earthbender walked over to the door and opened it. It showed, at least she assumed, the old man with whom she'd had tea with. Not to mention he was also the man who helped with Azula.

"Glad you're here." She said.

"I need your help." The old man said.

Toph felt Sokka and Aang get into fighting stances behind her, but she just waved at him. She thought she heard the fluttering of Momo flying away.

"You guys know each other?" The airbender asked her.

"I met him in the woods once and knocked him down." She could feel the sheepishness from the man. "Then he gave me some tea and some very good advice."

"May I come in?" Toph nodded in reply, hoping he was looking at her. Based on him coming inside and turning to face the group, she figured he had.

"Princess Azula is here in Ba Sing Se." Iroh said.

"She must have Katara." Aang said.

"She has captured my nephew as well."

"Then we'll work together to fight Azula, and save Katara and Zuko."

Sokka clearly didn't agree with Aang on that front.

"Whoa there! You lost me at 'Zuko'."

"I know how you must feel about my nephew." Iroh moved closer to Sokka, seeming to comfort him in some way. "But believe me when I tell you that there is good inside him. "

Sokka wasn't taking to being convinced. "'Good inside him' isn't enough! Why don't you come back when it's outside him too, okay?"

"Katara's in trouble. All of Ba Sing Se is in trouble. Working together is our best chance."

"He's right, but there is someone who has an even better chance than us." Iroh said. Toph looked at the old man questioningly, before she realised who he meant. He continued anyway. "We need to find Percy."

"Guys, has anyone seen Percy?" Toph asked. From the lack of a sound, she assumed that meant no. You know, it'd be nice if you said something guys. I don't like assuming.

Toph heard someone walking up from outside again. The footsteps were heavy, practically stomping, and her grin almost split her face in half.

"What is it Toph?" Aang asked.

As an answer, Toph just ran up to the front door, smashed it open leaving only splinters behind her and threw herself at the stupid waterbender.

"Percy!" She yelled, right in his ear as he caught her.

"Hey Toph." He said kindly. "Miss me did ya?" With a little bit of cockiness, but an underlying caring beneath it.

She let go of her hug, only to punch him as hard as she could in his shoulder. He winced at it.