Chapter 1: The Treasure Collector

"Please stop, I s-swear I won't tell a soul" she begs and stutters as blood prickles out of her mouth and onto the floor. I took slow intimidating steps towards her frail body. The boards creek beneath my heavy duty boots which only made her even more terrified. I watch as she tries to crawl towards the door while struggling to breathe. A chuckle escapes my lips at seeing her failed attempts.

"Why are you doing this?" She asks as she turns around to face me. I stoop to her level to make eye contact with her. She has a beautiful set of brown orbs that held fear within them. Tears fill her eyes as I stretch my right hand out to wipe her blood stained cheek with my thumb. A fresh stream of tears falls down her cheeks aligning it with the ones that stained her cheeks before.

She squirms at my touch judging me with her eyes. Beyond all that smudge make up was a beautiful woman. I have seen her raw beauty before.
"What's your name again?" I ask as I sit next to her. The heat from her body made the hairs on my arm stand up due to immediate contact.

"Paige Westly" she whispers.

"Who the hell names their child Paige, is that like a 'Paige' from a book" I chuckle at how stupid the name sounds.

I could never name a child Paige not that I wanted any. They're a waste of time and space, their annoying little voices, constant need of care and their neediness gives me goosebumps. I shudder at the thought of them while shaking my head to remove the scenario. Back to the matter at hand.

"Please I'm begging you let me go I won't tell a soul I swear" she begs yet again. Hearing her beg annoys as well as enthuses me.

"It'll soon be over" I assure her. Silence fills the room making the creatures outside louder than before. Her soft cries were like music to my ears one that'll soon come to an end. I walk towards the left corner of the room where I had a bag filled with my tools. I chose my nine inches blade from the bag as I held it up to the light, it reflects onto my face making a crocked smile form its way onto my lips.

I look over at her, she closes her eyes as fresh streams of tears fall onto her cheeks. Good girl. I wrap my left hand around her petite figure drawing her closer to me. It made no sense to me that she even tries to scream because no one will be able to hear her within 1000 yards. She whimpers as I use the point of the knife to caress her neck that was almost too perfect to cut.

"Please..." She pleads yet again as a sob escapes her lips. Why can't she stop begging it's obvious that she's not going anywhere.

"Shhhhh" I tell her as I move the knife slowly from her neck to her chest and stop at her abdomem.
What's taking so long do it already.
The small yet annoying voice in my head urges. I roll my eyes internally as I put the edge of the blade onto her soft skin.

In slow a action I pierce the knife through her abdomen twisting it deeper and deeper. The feeling of her breath leaving her body makes my body tense as we share her last most intimate moment before she goes. I look down at her abdomen watching as her blood o  through her dress that she wore specially for me tonight. What a shame. She tries to gasp for air but failed to do so, I watch her nonchalantly as she chokes on her own blood. Talk about karma. I sat there a few minutes longer until her body finally became still inside of my hands.

I got up placing her body onto the floor. A few blood splatters were on my t-shirt but that was the least because now I have a new treasure. I walk over to where I placed a big black blanket prior to us coming here.

I lift her still body that now has a bit more weight than before and placed her onto the blanket folding her up until I reached the end. The first thing that greeted me was the cool crisp air when I stepped out side. I inhaled deeply thanking the refreshing air because the air in the cabin was mostly suffocating due to the heat from the fire.