Chapter 2: Detective Hewitt

Another day another gruesome crime. I must say I'm rather surprised that this little town has turned into a killer hotspot. A million and one scenarios ran through my head as I walk towards the crime scene. What sick mother fucker would dispose such disturbing evidence in the middle of a park. I look around at the people behind the caution tape, terror evident on their faces.

I showed the officer my badge and he let me through. The first thing that greeted me was the metallic smell that was far too familiar. The sight was horrid, what seemed like a black dress was covered in thick crimson blood. I watch as the flies swarm the crimson liquid making it twice as disturbing. I use the sleeve of my shirt to help cover up my nose.

After seeing a Forensic analyst, I removed the fabric from my nose. "Have you collected blood samples as yet?" I ask Mrs. Slaw a member of the Forensic team. "Good morning to you too Detective Hewitt, yes I did I was just waiting on you to come deem it as a crime scene" she says cheekily. I roll my eyes gaining a chuckle out of her. Her blonde hair blew in the wind making her even more attractive.

"See you at the lab detective" she says smiling as she walks away, a small smile formed onto my lips as I watch her walk away until she reached the police car where she'll be escorted to the lab. "Alright collect every piece of evidence and rap up" I say, ordering three officers. What was this person's motive, this was the second time he or she had done such thing.

All I know is that we're dealing with a serial killer here if he kills one more and if we don't act on it quickly nothing will be solved. It has been two weeks since the same thing happened, I have been trying and following any possible leads I could find but it was as if this woman didn't even exist. I walk towards my car leaning on the hood as I wrote down what I just observed. A vibration coming from my pocket made me jump a little causing me to cuss an expletive. I gained a few glares but I cared less, I've got bigger fish to fry.

Person's were still crowding the crime scene whispering amongst themselves all the possible scenarios they could find. One idiot even said it might be a bear attack, fucking amateur. I reach for my phone pressing the power button. The bright light made me flinch a little but my eyes adjusted to the light. I'm getting old I guess thirty-three is a bad age right?

I pull the notification bar down revealing two messages one from Sophia and the other one from Alex.

Alex: I'm coming to visit today.

I haven't seen him in a while since he left to seek a job in the neighboring town so I was looking forward to it.

Me: Ok I'll see you when I get home.

I left out of his inbox then opened Sophia's own.

Sophia (。♡‿♡。): Hunny I'm going to bring you your coffee in the next ten minutes. Xoxo.

I smile from ear to ear appreciating how good she takes care of me.

Me: Thanks babe. Xoxo.

She likes using that for some weird reason. I slide my phone back into my pocket and finished writing my observations. After which I got into my car and headed to the station. As I drove down the narrow road a new question evaded my mind. What did this psycho do to the bodies? All that surrounded the park were trees nothing else within 500 yards. I mean an old cabin was their but it had been abandoned for years.

Maybe I'll check it out. As I pulled into the parking lot I was greeted by Sophia's bright smile flashing off her dimples. She's a very beautiful woman with natural red hair, black eyes and a well defined body. She hands me my coffee and I took a sip from it immediately. The familiar taste calmed my senses for a bit, she definitely knows how to make some mean coffee.