Chapter 4: The Treasure Collector

After that well deserved shower I went into the small television room I had. Casper was no where to be found which is not alarming at all. She only comes home when she feels like and purrs ordering her favorite treat Temptations specifically the chicken flavor. I reach over for the remote that was sitting on top of the small glass coffee table. The light from the television brightens the dim room over powering the little light the lamp was giving off.

I nonchalantly skip through the channels, which were either about cooking, politics, sports blah blah blah. After a few more switches a news headline catches my eyes on channel 19. "Parents of Elizabeth Jonesboro seeks help and answers of their daughter's death" I mean the headline could've been better, it's too long.

I watch as the camera zoomed in on the detective as he starts to talk about a woman he doesn't even know, only the things her parents told him. "Elizabeth Jonesboro, was a well loved woman .." he begins, the poor guy has been working his ass off and has no answers as yet. I pity him almost, they need to know that she's fine and where she belongs.

I skipped the channel as soon as the parents came on, the last thing I wanted to hear are their whoremonger cries. Just in time to see my favorite true crime movie in classic black and white 1965 "The Collector". I have watched this movie literally over fifty times already. I would recommend anyone to watch it honestly, the plot is exciting and a bit erie especially because it really happened in real life.

The movie has now come to an end so I turned off the television placing the remote exactly where I took it from. As I stride towards the Treasure room a familiar call stopped me in my tracks. I blew down and turn towards the kitchen opening the cabinet where her treat was. The sound of the treats hitting the bowl had Casper running in the kitchen in only seconds.

She immediately dips her mouth into the bowl forgetting to even thank me. I rub her back, got up and walked off. I headed into the bathroom opening the cabinet. It has been a while since I took my medications, I was doing fine either way. I grab one of the containers but put it back in the cabinet. I got out of the bathroom then headed straight to check upon my girls.

The door slightly creeks as I push it to enter the room switching on the light against the wall, there they are my three beautiful Broken Treasures. As I was about to close the door Casper ran in, jumped on the bed and started licking her fur. I closed the door and walked towards a small table where I stored a few things to take care of the girls appearance. I picked a soft brush and started brushing my first ever broken treasure's hair.

She's the most special out of them all, she saved me and I owed it to her, she was the only one there for me when the world turned their backs on me. I owed her that much to be my first official treasure, one that I didn't kill. After brushing her 1 cm long brown hair fifty times I moved on to the others. That took me about a good thirty to forty-five minutes before I fixed their dresses.

It was summer after all and they needed to look the part. "I hope you're making our newest member welcomed" I tell the other two girls. I know they would eventually, after all they are both sweet girls. I met Elizabeth at the Small-town library, her job was packing out books. Degrading I know, anyways, she was very pretty and helpful but broken.

I pitied her when I saw how miserable and forgotten by the world she really was. So I invited her on a date that we didn't attend. I told her I had a special venue planned for her and she was excited, such a navie woman. We drove to the secluded cabin where I lit the fire wood, started a little conversation one thing lead to another then here we are another successful treasure.

Women are easy to fool, you just have to know how to go about it. A charming smile and good looks isn't all, pretending like you care, being a good listener no matter how boring they are, being their emotional support and all that shenanigans is all that it takes to lure them in especially the vulnerable ones. Casper suddenly jumped off the bed and started rubbing her fur against the girls feet.