Chapter Twenty-Five: If only you knew

We made our way back just as the darkness began to blossom. Edward was wincing as he rolled his neck from the bite marks I left there. I told him vaguely that he wasn't just a vampire now and that my connection to him was enhanced because my DNA was in his system. When the Cullen home loomed in front of us, I could hear arguing, a frown pulling at my lips as I pulled Edward faster towards the house.

"It's what I saw... They may be our Enemy and Evie's too, but they'll help!" Alice was desperately trying to make a point about something some disagreed.

"To whom are you referring, Alice?" I asked, walking in with Edward standing at my right. 

She looked at me with a troubled look before looking down at Jasper; he nodded at her before turning his gaze to me. "The Volturi. They play a major part in what's going to take place in 18 months." His voice came out authoritative and strong. He wasn't one to speak much, but when he did, he always seemed to surprise me

I was even more surprised that an old enemy was about to resurface and appear into my life, only this time it wouldn't be to hunt me but to stop the force that was coming.

I knew no matter what we did to try and have this world and its people, this planet wasn't about to leave unscathed... Something detrimental was going to occur.

"Alice... " I looked to her and watched her eyes flicker over to me troubled. "I'll tell you later" was all she said before turning back to the others.

"Where's Emmy and Rose?" I looked around, seeing the two were missing. Esme looked over at me and sighed. "They are getting a head start on sending witnesses our way. Being as we're all going to be in one place for about two years, they thought it be better if we took the time we did get to prepare." Edward said suddenly, looking at Carlise, who happened to be silent the entire group discussion.

"Alice also saw something else that might be our saving grace. Just like we have something, the Volturi want... We also have something K'lathka wants as well." Edward's voice rang out behind me again as he stepped forward. He and Alice shared a long look, hers pleading, his worried and concerned. "Until then, we need to trust Alice.

Carlisle perked up at the strange name Edward mentioned and sat forward.

"K'lathka? What is that?" He was intrigued as he leaned forward in curiosity. I watched as everyone in the room turned to me, including Edward. I looked at my hands and sighed before looking at everyone.

"Creator of darkness... Destroyer of light. He's the reason why most of our families are gone and also why we fled here. He destroyed our entire solar system. Earth's scientists talk about a certain part of the universe having a cold spot like a scar... It's because he destroyed what was once there..."

My family turned in on each other, the memories still too fresh in our minds even if it was over a billion years ago.

Carlisle sat there stunned, his eyes troubled as his expression became unreadable.

"So, what's the plan? I'm tired of fucking standing here!" Bishna snapped as he stepped forward, only for me to slap him in the ear. He winced, holding the side of his head glancing at me. "Jeez, Vie!"

"Bishna, stop talking before I slap you in your other ear." I growled, effectively shutting him up.

"It's already been decided. By tomorrow everyone going to look for witnesses will be gone by tonight. Edward and Nieve, you have to go to the Volturi. Take Fang with you." Alice stood in the middle of the room, rubbing her temples as if she was nursing an annoying headache.

She left the room in silence; Jasper practically glued to her back as they disappeared up the stairs.

I looked to Bane, his brows furrowing as he glanced my way. "Figure out what you're going to do with Bella." I didn't say anything more as I made it up the stairs with Edward Following behind.

*****

I stood on the balcony staring up at the half-moon that illuminated the dark, hearing Edward shuffling around in the room, muttering incoherent words.

It went silent, and moments later, his arms were around me. "We'll have to leave in a little while. There is no time to waste even if time is on our side." His voice was soft and soothing, reassuring me that everything was going to be okay.

Me, I had doubts; as long as I've known the Volturi and their vulgar nature, they weren't ones to keep their words. They were vicious, and even when I meant no harm, they wanted to kill me anyway, just because they were afraid of what they didn't understand. They were going to get a kick out of me showing up at their doorstep.

I was going to have fun shoving glass shards up their asses. Edward gave me a disapproving look before leaping over the balcony rail holding his arms put to me.

I leaped down shortly after, looking to see Fang making his way over to where we stood. He wore a long coat, and his dark hair was pulled into a ponytail. Standing next to him was Bishna, who blinked sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Do one thing to fuck this up, Bishna, and I'll kick your ass to the moon." He nodded with a slight grin, following behind as we left the Cullen mansion behind...