Chapter 69 - A Little Treat

"You don't think I can handle one little girl? I don't think you know who you're dealing with," Pappalardo says, puffing his chest out. "I put countless women like her in shallow graves...maybe few as beautiful, but I can handle one delicate little flower like her."

"Yeah, you're offending your friend, daddy," I sneer. "Are you really saying that he can't handle a tiny little me without all my restraints?"

*****

Pappalardo's chest puffs up even more if that's even possible. His whole face, including his ears, turns red. "Undo the cuffs!" he bellows.

Astaroth's calm and benign expression morphs into something terrifying. His upper lip peels back to form a frightening snarl. His eyes glitter with malice. "How dare you make a demand and talk to me with such disrespect," he growls. The human mask over his demon self is slipping, showing the intimidating essence.

Pappalardo visibly pales. "But..but...I just...I didn't..."

I throw my head back and let out a loud uninhibited belly laugh. I might even sound a bit unhinged. When I'm done, I turn my crazy smile on the blubbering human. "Ooohhh...I don't think he believes you could handle me."

Pappalardo's pasty face turns bright red again in an instant. It's interesting to see how rapidly his skin changes color.

Damien and Dante are watching the whole exchange with narrowed eyed interest.

Pappalardo opens his mouth, about to say something when Astaroth grinds out, "Remember who you're talking to, Pappalardo, and watch your mouth!"

With that, he turns on his heel. "Damien, Dante!" he barks and my two brothers promptly get to their feet.

Their faces are devoid of expressions as they follow Astaroth to the door, but I wonder what they're truly feeling because I know where they're heading to. They will be severely punished for seeing Astaroth getting knocked off his feet. Literally.

As my older siblings, I have no doubt that they've seen more than I have. They have been tortured and possibly more broken than I am. To be honest, I never gave it a thought or cared enough to find out.

Before he saunters out of the room, Astaroth pauses. "Free her and the deal is off, Pappalardo."

As soon as the door closes behind Astaroth, I let out a maniacal jeering laugh. "Pathetic! You're pathetic! You're incapable of handling me without the cuff!" I sneer. "You're scared of my daddy! You're scared of my daaddy. You're scared of my daaaddyyy," I sing-song annoyingly.

Pappalardo's face contorts into an ugly snarl. He lifts his hand and smacks me in the face. It takes a second for my split lips to register the sting. "Look who's laughing now, bitch!" he crows with the look of triumph.

He grabs a handful of my hair and tugs hard, jerking my head painfully backward. He brings his face close to mine, a cruel smile is playing on his lips. The stink of booze and something rotten in his breath makes me want to gag.

"You're a wild crazy bitch, but I like that. I love it when they fight back," he says. "I love it even more when they scream and beg for mercy. I'm going to have fun teaching you to obey me." He gives my hair another hard tug. "I'm going to show you who your master is."

My master? I bow to no one, let alone a disgusting puny human.

I spit a mouthful of blood right on his face. It drips down to land on top of his round belly.

I might have belonged to Astaroth before, but that's only because he held my fate in his hands. And I might have agreed that I am now Sacha's, but that's only because he belongs to me too. We're equals.