Matt?

Matt was in online school. There wasn't much to it. He always felt bad that he couldn't work, but he was always so busy. Studying in Medical School was no small task. He had considered switching career paths several times, but he was already doing it. There wasn't any turning back.

He blinked a few times, hearing Tom shout from downstairs "We made breakfast!". Matt knew it wasn't "we" it was just Tom. Nobody else in the house knew how to cook worth a damn. He laughed quietly, remembering the time he, Tord, and Edd tried to cook. He even lit the sink on fire on time. It was pretty- eventful to say the least. Tom shouted again "Matt! Breakfast is ready". Shaking his head, he put the pencil down and closed his laptop.
Maybe taking a break was a good idea.

Matt almost fell down the stairs, but I don't think he noticed. Edd did. He rushed and grabbed Matt's arm, and all his response was to blink at Edd, before shrugging him off, walking to the kitchen.
"Matt? Matt is something wrong?" Edd sounded really worried, but Matt barely noticed.
"Matt???" Edd shook Matt, and he just turned slightly, "hm?" "Matt are you alright? You look sick, oh god did something happen?!"

Matt just shook his head, walking to the kitchen, leaving a very worried Edd behind him.

--Breakfast is served--
Matt rested his head on his hand, propping it up on his elbow. He just, stared at the food. Almost disgusted, and just got up. "I'm not really hungry, maybe later" he walked through the living room, to the stairs.
Tom looked a little upset. "Awh, why didn't he eat anything" he mumbled, although Edd was quick to respond "I'm not sure, he looks sick. He nearly fell down the stairs" He was biting his nails, looking in the general direction of the living room.

Matt opened his door, sighing, and closed it behind him. Sitting back down at his desk, he opened his laptop and navigated through the hundreds of tabs he probably had open, finding the textbook. He rubbed his temples, before getting up again and grabbing a book.
He would do his work later. Later...

It was a book about a boy who lived in France. It was a book that took someplace in 1970 or something. The boy lived on his own in the walls of a train station. The book was called "The Inventions of Hugo Cabret".

~~^^~~

An hour or two passed, and Matt's door opened slowly. Matt was asleep at his desk, in the middle of taking notes. One of the boys walked into Matt's room and grabbed a blanket off his bed. They put a small plate of food on his desk, before covering him with the blanket.
Edd walked down the stairs, looking very distressed. "What's wrong Edd? Other than the usual.." Tord adds quietly, inviting Edd to sit next to him.
"Matt fell asleep on his desk again. I don't think he's okay" Edd brought his hands up to chew on them, but Tord grabbed his hand. "He'll be fine! He's just- he just studying. Isn't he in Medical School right now?"
Edd nodded, sighed. He reached for the remote going to turn on some show.

There was a thud from upstairs, from Matt's room. Edd jumped up, running up the stairs. "Matt????!" he shouted, concerned.
Edd rushed opened Matt's door, and Matt groaned, laying on the floor. The chair was knocked over, and it looked like he fell. He rubbed the back of his head, not noticing Edd internally panicking. And externally panicking who are we kidding here.
"Matt, are you alright?" He half-shouted grabbing Matt's arm. Matt looked at the clock above his desk and sighed. "I'm fine Edd. Just fell over is all." He yawned, rubbing his eyes before sitting back at his desk.
"Matt, I think you should take a break" He said in the most confident tone of voice he could possibly muster. Which wasn't much. Matt shook his head "It's fine" he mumbled, sorting through the papers, written in god awful handwriting. "You can read that?" Edd said, concerned. "Yeah sure, it's readable" He said blankly, flipping through several notebooks to find a blank page. "It'll be over soon, then I can try and get a job." He paused before asking "are you sure it's fine while I finish school? I mean, I can always try and get a part time somewhere"
Edd stared at Matt, he's said this a thousand times. "Matt it's alright. Tom and Tord are doing a great job at keeping the bills paid." Matt started to say something "are you-" Edd quickly stopped him "Matt" was all he said.

"Okay. If you say so" he yawned, rubbing his eyes again before digging through papers for his pencil. He really needs to organize but he seems to know what he's doing.