Chapter 4

"What exactly in the seven realms are you attempting to do?"

It's a question spoken in disbelief, because Asmodeus never expected to find him there. The third-born would hole himself in his room even if the end of the world was near, such were his shut-in habits developed thousands of years ago.

But his room was empty—a grumpy voice didn't even ask for the 'stupid secret password' and there was no figure curled up in the bathtub or the chair.

It wasn't hard to suspect where Levi would have been next. After what took place today, he would be in Mammon's room.

And although Levi was right when he said his room was completely trashed; he hadn't expected to see a grunting and moving pile of clothes.

"I—I'm trying to clean—" His foot slipped on an empty bottle on the floor.

And then the pile of clothes fell on the ground—with a shirt falling on the pool table, socks on the floor and underwear on Levi's head.

"..tried to clean." He groaned as he nursed his injured foot, and Asmo giggled softly at the sight.

"I was about to ask you to clean." Asmo mumbled as he removed the underwear from his brother's head and examined the garment; when it was found to be at par with his standards—he hummed before placing it on a chair.

"Mammon wanted to go back to his room." At the mention of his name, Levi perked up as he watched Asmodeus carefully.

"I told him there were renovations going on in the hallway, and came looking for you, but here you are, hiding under a pile of clothes."

Levi grumbled as he stood up, and stared at the heap on the floor while rubbing his still-hurting foot.

"How is he?" A whispered question; Asmo could sense the worry in Levi's voice. He sighed, before picking up a shirt to throw on the couch. "I gave him breakfast and a magazine. Beel and Belphie are with him, as of now."

He strides around the room before placing a hand on Levi's shoulder, who sighs in return. " You can see him after this room is cleaned." Seeing his frown, Asmodeus furrows his eyebrows. "Come on, I'll help you!"

Levi looks at his brother; if he wasn't so shy he would have engulfed him in a hug, so a pat on the hand would have to suffice.

"Where do we start first?"

"Good question."

~

The walk to Asmodeus's room was a short but hesitant one. Belphegor had more than once instinctively turned in the direction of Mammon's room, and Beel had to remind him it was Asmo's room in which Mammon was.

Standing outside the door, Belphegor nervously grabbed his twin's hand, and the later squeezed it in assurance.

"Took ya long Asmo. I'm dying of boredom here and this magazine—oh."

Mammon immediately stiffened when he saw it were Beel and Belphie standing at the door. But, realising how weird his behaviour would have looked he backed down. Belphegor immediately plopped on the soft mattress, and chose to use Mammon's stomach as a pillow, which made the demon uncomfortable, but he allowed his brother to do so. Beel besides Belphie and the pair just laid there, silently, awkwardly.

Mammon didn't know what to do. It was very uncomfortable to be around them after what had happened, and he didn't want to talk about it. He could blame his words on a drunk mind, but for how long?

He was fidgeting in his seat, uneasiness seeping into his veins. Belphegor must have got irritated by his fidgeting around that he slowly growled when Mammon attempted to lay on his side.