Final Chapter

never had satan imagined for it to be so peaceful.

whenever the brothers came together—to watch a movie, go shopping or even sit in the same room, it always ended in chaos, with one running after the other, or in petty fights that lasted a whole week.

it is truly a miracle that the brothers are existing in the same room right now.

mammon and levi are having another go at the game—'devilcart,' as levi claimed. asmodeus is applying face masks on everyone in the room, muttering something about their skin drying out. belphegor is trying to restrain beel from eating the cucumber placed on his eyes. but satan slipped from the room.

he didn't want those facemasks on, having given the excuse of 'taking a bath.' a bath was needed but first, he needed to talk with lucifer.

"i know you're inside. ignoring me won't help anything." the blonde demon had knocked thrice on the door, and threatened to even break it down, if lucifer didn't let him in.

"we need to talk."

he can hear shuffling from behind, the turning of a lock, a muffled spell to break the curse, and the door slowly creaks open, sanguine eyes glare at him from the darkness before vanishing.

satan walks inside the dim room, the only source of light being from the fireplace and the moon—the sun of the devildom. lucifer sits on a chair, one leg crossed over the other and his arms in his lap. like a cat on a throne.

"speak. if it is about what happened today, then please show yourself out."

"that is exactly why i've come to talk."

satan hisses, glaring at the demon who sits poised on his chair. he's been in this room for merely two minutes and his hands are already itching to grab the poker from the fireplace and impale lucifer with it.

"you need to apologise."

"mammon's hurting," he trails off, voice wavering slightly before he takes a deep breath. he won't be so vulnerable in front of him, of all people.

"mammon's hurting, and we—"

"you've all made it up to him, i suppose?"

satan can feel his temper rising. were mammon's words of begging to be killed not enough to knock some sense into his brother? was he that thick-headed, or simply too cruel? was he only interested in maintaing his stupid pride—

calm down, he tells himself, and his gaze falls on the tray lying on the table.

belphegor's tray. the one he gave to lucifer. it's empty, and that means there's hope.

"we have. but we need you too apologize too, apologize for your sordid actions and words." satan take a deep breath as he waits for an answer. he sees lucifer get up from the couch, towards the vinyl player, and growls as a warning, which lucifer pays no heed to, of course.

but satan waits patiently as the demon chooses a record, and he swears lucifer is taking his sweet time to agitate him. but he bears the wrath that's begging to reveal itself, for lashing out at such a moment will bear no fruit.

the record starts playing, and lucifer turns around, poised and composed as ever, and declares proudly.

"i won't."

in a flash, satan's demon form comes to life, and his nails dig into the stone walls as he jumps forward at the demon with his teeth bared in a display of hostility.

lucifer's form materialises too, his wings unfurling and blowing away the documents on the desk. satan pounces at his brother as he grabs the ruffled collars, nearly smashing his forehead against lucifer's own as he stares into his eyes.