Chapter 8: Attacking Pandemic

That morning they went to school and did everything as usual. Everyone thought that day as a regular school day. But was it really a normal day?

It was just after the interval, and class teachers came rushing towards classes. "Children, don't get panic, but pack your things soon. The school will be indefinitely postponed. So, the school will end early. Now pack your things and gather near to the buses. Come on soon," said Mrs. Smith who was their class teacher. The students packed up their stuff as soon as possible and went near to the buses. The buses were divided according to classes. Thus, there were 8 buses. This was a new experience for everyone. They returned home early that day.

Since that day the school students were at home. Though the schools were postponed, the work places were not. So, Aurum's mother had to go to work.

The government has also placed restrictions like social distancing and wearing masks. Aurum was alone at home with Yoshiko. Sometimes she would talk with Iseul through the window. In this time Aurum thought of writing a book. These days she didn't have even anything to do besides growing plants in her balcony and playing the guitar. She simply loved it. Days past like this. The number of infected patients increased. The amount of patients increased to 30s. The government declared the curfew. That night Aurum and her mom watched news. It said that the first death was reported.

This started becoming terrific day by day. It was spreading more and more. But the busy lifestyle of people was calmed down. The air pollution went down. The plantation of trees became a trend these days. It really was a different experience for everyone. Except for the people who experienced the Spanish Flu. But, they are nearly 100 years old or probably dead. Ultimately this part of the story transformed into a documentary. I kind of think that I'm good at documentaries. Anyway let's continue the story.

Being home for a long time was really hard. It could be called as locked, rather than being. They couldn't even meet their friends. Aurum, Iseul and Toshiro were connected by phone.

Every day Aurum would play her guitar.

The next evening when Aurum came near to the window and started playing, she saw people gathering to their balconies. She felt a bit embarrassed. But she continued playing. At the end of the song everyone applauded her. She was amazed. Right at that moment, Yoshiko even came and sat on her table. It looked pleased with Aurum's music. So, she continued playing.

After every song the crowd applauded. Aurum's mom also came to see what's happening. She felt glad. "Thank you everyone for your support," said Aurum in the end of the performance. She was really happy about what happened that day.

That night Aurum told everything she felt that evening to Yoshiko. It had a mood like 'I'm glad you're happy'.

The next morning, as Aurum woke up she felt something warm on her feet. When she lifted the blanket. What she saw was Yoshiko. It was on her feet. It must have felt uncomfortable.

That night Aurum came up with an idea of communication. They would tie two wheels in the windows of both houses and pull a rope through it. On the rope was a cane basket. The basket would carry letters from house to house. When Aurum told this idea to Iseul, she agreed.

"Let's ask help from my father. I'm sure he'd help to make this."

"Ok, then let's do like that"

"But, what do we call this as?"

"How about 'letter basket'?"

"It's good."

A few days later, Iseul's father finished making the letter basket. Aurum and Iseul started passing notes since that day. Luckily they had something to do in the mean time.

In the morning, Aurum would write her book. In the afternoon she would exchange notes with Iseul. In the evening she would entertain the neighborhood by playing music. That was Aurum's routine.

Yoshiko's day was passed by roaming around. Not only roaming around, it listened to Aurum's music, eating and sleeping. When Yoshiko is sleeping it looks extremely cute.

How will this lockdown period be spent? 

Hi people, this chapter speaks about how we spend our days in this pandemic period.

All of us couldn't go out and meet our friends and loved ones who r away,

But I hope all of you all are safe, 

and wish that we get to meet them again. ..

❤parkshanghai❤