Chapter 1: Dawn of Death

"Momma, can you read it for me? Please?" Holding a book, I excitedly request mom to read it. She grab the book and let me sit on her lap.

"Sino nagbigay sayo nito anak?" My mother ask while checking the cover of the book. The book is dusty and a the pages are old, but that doesn't matter for me.

"Lelang gave it to me, can you read it for me?" Yet she act like its the first time she saw the book. Didn't lelang read the book to her? My lelang told me that the book was given to her by her grandmother too.

"Alright, I'll read it for you." A thin curve on my lips plaster.

   Tumingin ako sa libro, tila sumariwa sa akin ang mga alaala ko sa probinsya. Nagpakawala ako ng buntong hininga at kinuha ito. Nakaupo ako ngayon sa aking kama, binuksan ko ang balat ng libro. Iningatan ko talaga ng maayos ang libro na hindi ito masira kahit marupok na itong tignan. At prone na ito sa kahit anong anay.

  Lelang always read it when I was on the province. She said that her grandmother gave it to her. So its a treasure of my ancestors, sabi niya ingatan ko iyon ng maayos dahil ipapamana ko daw iyon sa magiging apo ko. The story is good. She read it many times when I'm a just five years old, for me to go to sleep. But when I reach my 7th birthday, she passed away and walk to the eternal life. That happened ten years ago.

  After my lelang's death Lumuwas kami ng Manila ni mama pagkatapos non. When I reach my ten years syempre napapatanong ako kay Mama kung sino ang papa ko. But she answered me na namatay daw ang aking ama sa aksidente nong pinagbubuntis niya ako. I just accepted it and adapt the reality that my father rested now in peace.

  Pagkatapos ng dalawang taong na paninirahan namin sa Manila. Nakakuha si mama ng oportunidad upang lumipad patungong UK. Iniwan niya ako sa aking tiyahin, naging magaan ang buhay ko. Syempre, mahal ang sahod ng mga health workers sa UK. But doesn't fullfil any in my heart. May kulang, I feel that I was left behind. Gusto kong sumunod sa UK kay Mama, but she always excuse me na mag-iipon siya.

    Nagsimula akong magresearch tungkol sa librong binigay ni Lelang ngunit wala akong makuha ni isang katiting na impormasyon. Ni wala ngang pangalan yong libro kung sino ang sumulat. Nakakapagtakha lang, hindi ko din naitanong kay lelang kung ilang taon na ba yong libro at wala talaga akong makita sa Internet na data tungkol dito.

The title of the book named “Heart of  Czarina.”  Almost talk about the European Nobles culture before.

Umiikot ang storya tungkol sa isang prinsesa at prinsipeng nag-iibigan.
A princess named Solanna Clementine, she have the beauty, brain and heart to suit as a Goddess. While her lover Duke Vermin, the one who reign the Empire of Moonstone Win from an ominous ogre who nearly kill Solanna. Tho,  story can't be story if there's no desperate villain who want to ruin the happy ending of the two main characters. She's Luna Archinov, a atrocious girl from a rich family, despite of being a fallen royalty she desperately devoted her love for Duke. Because of that possesion she eagerly want to kill Solanna. She's a reckless mischief who built an organization of terrorism for them to end the reign of Clementine.

  I really admired Solanna, kahit maraming ginawang masama si Luna sakanya nagawa niya parin itong patawarin at kumbinsihin. But Luna hold a grudge and attempt Solanna's life. In the end, Solanna kill Luna using her own hand. Then just like the other story, Duke and Solanna live happily ever after.

   Napatayo ako at pumunta sa aking balkonahe. I closed my eyes as the gust of the wind touched the strand of my hair. Napakaganda ng gabi, ang simoy ng hangin ay malamig at pinahihiwatig nito ang pasko. Its a christmas of coldness and a new year of being alone.