Chapter Nine

------------------

You are about to read approximately: 1531 words

------------------

The next day (Y/N) awoke to a familiar pain in their back. Months of prison had forced them to get used to sleeping in bad circumstances, but the pain still was not something they enjoyed. They now sat up straight and stretched.

Their head was hurting because of the alcohol they had drunk last night, and (Y/N) was forced to stay on the ground for a little longer. It was just now that they realized that Ranboo and Ghostbur had left.

(Y/N) looked outside the treehouse and saw the sun standing high in the sky, so they figured that it was somewhen around one pm. They had to laugh to themselves at the thought of how little they had drunk last night and how hungover they still felt.

"Last night was nothing compared to the parties we threw back in L'Manburg," they thought nostalgically and held their pulsing head. They continued to sit on the wooden floor for a while until (Y/N) started to get hungry. So they slowly stood up and held onto the wall for balance.

Their head felt spinny, but (Y/N) completely ignored that and picked up the glass bottle they had snatched from one of Techno's and Phil's barrels the night before. After a while of getting used to standing on two legs again, (Y/N) started to climb down the tree.

They landed in the powdery snow and got hit with a soft breeze of icy wind, making them at least a little more attentive. Then (Y/N) made their way back to their current home. It didn't take them long to arrive at the two cottages, and it only took them a little bit longer to find one of the owners.

"Morning, Phil," they greeted the winged man from behind. The blond one flinched at the raspy voice and turned around in a panic before sighing in relief.

"Jesus Christ, don't scare me like that," he scolded the younger one while putting down the axe, which he was using to cut some wood for the fireplace inside Techno's house.

"What do you need?" He then asked and leaned against the wall of his house. "Breakfast would be nice," (Y/N) said while putting their empty hand on their hip.

"This isn't a hotel, I hope you know that," Phil said and walked inside his house, leaving (Y/N) outside in the snow, "And if you already steal the little alcohol we have, how about you invite us for a drink?" He had yelled the second part from inside the house as he threw some bread out of the window and at (Y/N).

"You could have asked," they answered and somehow caught the loaf with their empty hand, "and yes, I know that this isn't a hotel, but do I look like I asked you to bring me here? ... No, no I did not ask you, so don't be mad at me, could you do that?"

They then turned away from the house and left. "Where are you going now?" Phil yelled annoyed  after them. "The SMP!" (Y/N) yelled back, without stopping or turning around.

They bit into the loaf of bread as they walked towards the portal and left more footprints in the soft snow.

As (Y/N) made their way through the Nether and across the bridges over the bubbles throwing lava, they ate up most of their bread and got rid of the flask they had been carrying by throwing it into the hot liquid beneath them.

After a short while, they arrived at the portal to the SMP and quickly stepped through the nausea-causing purple of the portal.

They took another bite of their breakfast and moved out of the portal. With big steps (Y/N) made their way down the stairs and towards the community house.