Realisation ; Chapter 4

Shota rubbed his temple, setting down his fifth cup of coffee that evening. He narrowed his eyes at the footage displayed on his computer screen. He had been re-watching over footage from the schools security camera's for the last six hours, trying to stop anything he may have missed beforehand.

But he hadn't noticed anything different from the first time he watched the footage, it was frustrating. Shota, as much as he hated to attempt it, knew for a fact now that the ghost of Midoryia was the one behind the phenomenons at Aldera Junior High, but why? Why hadn't he moved on, shouldn't he be resting peacefully by now?

Shota leaned back in his chair, staring at the ceiling. He had read many articles about ghosts after he got home because of the scene he'd saw in that classroom, and all of them said, without fail, that ghosts of the dead always had a reason for staying behind. Unfinished business, they said. But, what unfinished business could Midoryia have?

Shota looked back at his computer, thinking for a moment. He had been told to not look at footage from before the suicide incident, but if what he was thinking was correct, then it would do some good to look. He grabbed hold of his mouse, and began searching through files of recordings until he got to the dates before the suicide, to the beginning of the term, which was roughly five weeks before the incident.

Shota quickly set his attention onto Midoryia, and not much happened at first, he looked to be the well behaved quiet kid in school who stuck with himself and the other students -and teachers- seemed to ignore him, but it didn't stay like. The second day of term, which was the day the Bakugou boy he'd been told had shown up, the students no longer overlooked Midoryia, it looked as if they'd started to torment him. The footage lacked any audio, but it was clear the students of 3-D had began bothering Midoryia, the Bakugou kid seeming to do the most of it.

Shota narrowed his eyes. It didn't look to serious, nothing physical was happening- scratch that. On the fourth day the physical torment started, once again, the main person being Bakugou. Shota's eyes widened. He Began to speed up the footage, and day after day it was torment of both physically and what he could only guess was verbal -thanks to the lack of audio-.

Bullied. Midoryia had been builled. And it wasn't even light bullying, the physical went so far as Bakugou and a few other beating Midoryia bloody in the empty classroom of 3-D at the end of the day. He had read over Midoryia fill, and he was well aware the boy was quirkless, and everyone knew that the quirkless were discriminated against, but he had no idea it was this bad. The teacher wasn't even doing anything, he was acting as if it wasn't happening at all!

Why hadn't he thought of this before? It was right in front of everyone faces!

Shota closed the footage, and instead searched for Bakugou's students file, aswell as Midoryia's. He found them rather quickly, and he had both files opened side by side. He read over Midoryia's file, and noted how it described the boy as; 'having a violent history, being rude towards students and staff, constant low grades', and just about anything to drag the kids name through the dirt. Meanwhile, as he read Bakugou's, it described him as being an angel child! 'Extremely respectful towards fellow students and staff, has never gotten into any fights between his peers, never violent'. All bullshit! The school was clearly suger coating Bakugou but ruining Midoryia!

He needed to tell Shuichi, the detective in training would be able to bring all of this to their attention and get them to bring that Bakugou kid into questioning, and if they dismissed it and refuse to, Shota would use as hell give them a piece of his mind.

Shota pulled out his phone, dialling the boy's number -Shuichi had given Shota his contacts after they had gotten far away from the school-, held it up to his ear and waited. The dial tone continued for a few minutes, until someone answered.