Chapter 15

After we finished eating, Jason paid the check and we decided not to leave a tip. I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem, that slut could bat her lashes and get as many tips as she wanted. Anyway, back to me and Jason. We left the diner and I was pretty sure that I'd explode I was so full. 

"That was so good." I sighed contently once we were in the car.

"Definitely hit the spot. I haven't eaten there since before juvie." He said backing out of the parking spot. I pulled my seat belt over my chest and  buckled it in as we drove out of the parking lot.

"What exactly happened?" I asked, a part of me wanting to know, there have so many rumors and stories I wanted to know the truth. Another part of me was nervous that Jason would snap at me for bringing it up. 

"What?" He asked calmly, slowing down at a red light. 

"Why were you really sent to juvie. I mean I've heard the news stories but I want to hear it from you." I said just coming right out with it. We were having such a nice day, I didn't want to put him in a bad mood by talking about his past but I really wanted to know. I am his girlfriend shouldn't I know about my boyfriend's past? He let out a sigh before slowly inching forward but there were at least 4 cars in front of us also stuck at the light. 

"Nevermind, forget it, I don't want to upset you" I said not looking at him. He gently pulled my cheek to face him. 

"Baby, you could never upset me" he said leaning over to kiss me. It was a short lived kiss because the car behind us honked their horn in a hurry as soon as the light turned green. 

"Asshole" Jason mumbled under his breath while pulling forward, driving through the cute downtown area of a town I've never been to but is obviously not too far. We continued to drive for a while until we came to a park. Just from the parking lot you could see it was pretty empty beside the occasional old couple or jogger. 

"I figured we could just sit and relax and I'll tell you what happened. It's kinda a long story." Jason said shutting off the engine, taking the keys out of the ignition, and hopping out of the car. 

"Okay" I agreed, taking off my belt as Jason came around to open my door. I got out and we locked hands as we began to walk through the park. 

"Are you sure you wanna know?" Jason asked and I could tell he felt uncomfortable. 

"We'll, yeah. I mean you're my boyfriend Jase, I'd like to know about your life." I said looking at him as we continued to walk. He looked straight ahead and had a really nervous look on his face.

"Why are you so nervous?" I asked while he guided me so over to a grassy area by a small lake in the center of the park where we could sit. 

"I just don't want you to think differently of me." He said letting go of my hand to sit down on the grass. 

"Are you kidding?" I asked looking down at his sitting form. He looked up at me waiting for me to continue. 

"Baby, I'm already your girlfriend. I know that you've done stuff in the past but that's what it is. The past. I'm not going to think of you differently because I know you've changed." I sat down on Jason's lap and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I held his face between my hands, rested my forehead on his, and just looked into in gorgeous hazel eyes. 

"I love you Jason and your past isn't gonna make me love you any less." I whispered so only he could hear me. Not that there were any other people around to hear us. 

"I love you too babygirl." He smiled kissing my noise making me giggle. I climbed off his lap and got comfortable next to him. 

"Now, story time. Go on." I turned so I was facing him and rested my head in my hands.