Chapter 8

Annie's POV

We ended up driving around for what felt like hours. We were driving in our downtown area that a had a bunch of places to go. There were stores, restaurants, and even places for teens like a bowling alley, diner, and a mall. Every time we passed something Jason wanted to stop but most of it was just show and not as exciting as it looked. We passed an old roller skating rink that had been in the town since my parents were little.

 "Ooh lets go in there" he said sounding like a little kid wanting to go to a toy store. It was one of the places a lot of kids from school went. I didn't really want to go in and have to put up with all the snobs from school but Jason looked so excited. I couldn't find it in myself to say no. I like roller skating so I didn't mind.

We pulled into the parking lot and Jason practically jumped out of the car. He rushed over to my door and opened it for me. Awe, what a gentleman. I got out and Jason pulled me into the rink.

 "Jason calm down, it's just roller skating" I said laughing.

"I know, but I haven't done anything like this in a while" He said still excited. We walked over to the counter to get our skates and I realized Jason was still holding my hand. I liked the way his hand felt in mine, it was comforting.

We brought our skates and sat down to put them on. I sat on the bench still lacing up my skates and I saw Jason get up or try to. As soon as he put his weight on his skates he fell. I don't know why I found it so funny but I did, I couldn't stop laughing. He went to get up off the floor and fell again. I tried to hold in my laugh put it slipped out.  

 "Can you stop laughing at me and help me up" he laughed. I helped him up and managed to not fall. Oh yea, I have mad skating skills.

"How come you don't fall and I do?" He asked

"I have skills" I smiled and starting to roll away when I felt Jason grab my hand.

"Well I obviously don't so can you help me?" He smiled. I held his hand as I started to skate my way to the rink, pulling him along. He was like a little kid who needed to be taught how to skate.  

He kept wobbling and tried to keep his balance.

We finally made it to the rink area where there were a lot of other people. I didn't notice anyone from school which was good. I really liked Jason and didn't want this date, if that's what it still was, to be ruined by the snobby bitches from school.

"I think I got the hang of it" Jason said and sounded so proud of himself. He was literally like a 6 year old in a 16 year olds body. I let go of his hand since he said he was getting a hang of skating.

"Why'd you let go?" He said as he kept up with me. He was still trying to keep his balance but at least he was falling all over.

"You said you got the hang of it" I simply repeated what he said to me.

"Yea but you didn't have to let go" he said as he slipped his and back into mine. I couldn't help but blush and look away not wanting him to see my pink cheeks .

"You're so cute" he said to me and I snapped my head back to look at him.

"What" I asked even though I heard what he had said.

"You heard me" he smirked and started to skate faster than me. I started chasing him around the rink. For someone who didn't know how to skate he was pretty fast.

We were just having fun chasing each other around and laughing. Every minute or so Jason would turn around to check to see if I was gaining on him. Like I said he was going pretty fast and when he had his head turned looking at me behind him he slammed into a guy in front of him causing both of them to fall to the hardwood floor.