Chapter 2

Jason's POV

I sat in the back of the cop car as we drove through the neighborhoods in Nevada. I was being brought to my grandmothers house. I don't understand why I had to be escorted around in a cop car. I mean, yeah I did some pretty bad things but that doesn't mean every time I walk down the street I'm gonna blow something up. A little trust would be nice, damn. Ever since I got out of jail or the detention facility, whatever you want to call it, I've been driven around in this damn cop car. I've been in one too many cop cars in my life and I'm only 17.

I just looked out the window thinking about things. The state wanted me to go back to school as a form of probation. I don't know why I couldn't just do community service or something. I mean I haven't been to school since I was13 and I honestly didn't want to go back. I hated school then and I'm pretty sure that nothing has changed to make me like it now. The worst part was that the state wanted me to start as soon as possible so that meant I'd be going to school tomorrow. This is gonna be fun...not.

Before I knew it, we pulled up in front of a small white house. I don't remember anything from my life before things went down hill. I mean I guess I always knew I had a grandma, but I don't remember her. The cop in the driver seat got out and opened the door for me. Um, I'm 17 I think I can open a door.

"Get out" he said in a stern voice. Man did I hate cops. I didn't even bother responding so I just got out and looked at the house, trying to see if I remembered it. Obviously staring at stuff doesn't help cause I couldn't remember anything. While I was standing in the front lawn like an idiot, I noticed that the cop who brought me here was standing at the door of the house. So I went and stood next to him. I was kinda nervous to see who answered the door. I haven't seen my grandma in..years. It would be nice to reunite with family considering I didn't have many family left, no family left really. I was broke out of my thoughts when a little lady with glasses and blonde hair opened the door. I instantly recognized her.

"Jason? Is that you?" she asked softly

"Yea it's me" I answered as she pulled me into hug. It was nice to be hugged. I haven't been hugged in a really long time and I can say I missed the feeling. I pulled away and she smiled at me.

"Why don't you go inside and get yourself settled in" she told me as she turned to the officer who was standing at the door. I nodded and headed inside. The house wasn't big but it wasn't as small as it looked. It had that homey feel to it. I looked down the hall and saw a small living room and a kitchen. I walked through the hall that led to kitchen and saw pictures of family on the wall. My heart hurt a bit when I saw a picture of me with my family. I have done bad things but that doesn't mean I don't have a heart. It hurt to see the picture but it made me smile to know that I was back at a place where good memories were made. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

Annie's POV

The day was finally over. It felt like school just dragged on forever. I was waiting in my car for Beth. She wanted to hang out after school so I said I'd drive her to her house and we could hang out there but man was she taking forever. How long does it take to go to your locker? After what seemed like hours she finally got in the car. She had a huge smile on her face which was kinda freaking me out.

"What's up with you" I asked as I started pulling out of the student parking lot.

"You know that kid Tyler Hawkins" she asked still smiling like an idiot.

"Yea" I answered not too enthusiastically. I have known Tyler for a long time and at one point we were close friends but we aren't now. He started hanging out with different people and ditching me. I haven't talked to him since.

"Well he just asked me out" she said with excitement clear in her voice

"Oh no, what will Jason think" I said just messing with her. She has been talking about him all day because of what I told her earlier. Strangely, I had found myself thinking about him throughout the day. It was weird but I didn't think anything of it.

"Haha very funny' she said before turning on the radio.

"So what did you say to Tyler" I asked as we pulled in the drive way of Beth's house.

"I'll tell you inside" she said as she got out of the car and I followed. Once inside I headed toward her living room and plopped down on the couch. Beth's house was like a second home to me. If I wasn't home I was most likely at Beth's.

"So what did you say" I asked turning on the tv as Beth walked in with two water bottles.

"I said yes obviously" she said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"He asked me to go to the movies with him saturday and he said you could come" she said turning to me.

"What, if it's a date then why would I go" I asked kinda shocked he actually remember who I was considering he acted like I was a stranger.

"Well, it's a double date, his friend is coming" she said with a smile.

"Yea...no. There is no way I'm going to hang out with one of Tyler's friend who I don't know while you and him make out all night"

"Hey, we aren't going to make out were gonna watch the movie" she said defensively but I knew how she was. Not that she's a whore but she was one to kiss on the first date.

"I'll think about it but don't get your hopes up" I said turning back to the tv which was on the news. I must have sat on the remote or something cause when I turned it on it was on the movie channel.

 "Fine but it'd be nice if yo- OMG look" she shouted pointing to the news. I looked at the screen to see a picture of Jason McCann next to the news lady. Beth grabbed the remote and raised the volume to hear what the lady was saying.

"17 year old Jason McCann was released from prison just yesterday morning. There has been many talk about McCann going to school in the Nevada area and that talk has been confirmed. The name of the school McCann will be attending has not been released but it has been said that McCann will start sometime this week. In other news..." Beth turned the volume back down as the lady started to talk about other things.

"Damn he's so sexy" Beth said gawking at the picture of him still on the screen.

"He's okay" Oh, who am I kidding. With Beth constantly talking about him and everything else I guess you could say I was forming a crush on the bad boy Jason McCann.  It was just a crush, I mean It's not like I'll ever meet him.

Beth and I hung out for a while until I realized it was past my curfew. Yea I have a curfew and it sucks. If it was up to me I would have stayed later but because my parents are  beyond strict I had to leave. I love my parents and everything but sometimes I wish they weren't as strict. They both worked hard in school to get where they are today, so they are always pushing me to 'follow in their footsteps' as my dad always says. I understand that they want me to do something with my life but I want to just be a teenager right now.

By the time I got home it was 10:45 and my curfew is at 10. I noticed both my parents cars in the driveway. I knew that as soon as I walked through the door I'd get it but what was I gonna do? Climb through my bedroom window? I just sucked it up and walked through the door. When I walked in, I saw my dad in the living room typing on his laptop.

"You're late" he said without taking his eyes off the computer.

"Yeah I kinda lost track of time, sorry" I said while making my way to the stairs.

"Don't let it happen again'' was all he said. I walked up to my room kinda shocked. Normally when I came home late I got this huge lecture on all the bad things that could've happened to me and what not. I changed into my pajamas and llayed down listening to my iPod. As I lay there listening to Wonderwall by Oasis I found myself thinking about Jason McCann. Ugh why am I thinking about him so much. He's a criminal for darn sakes. It must be cause I'm tired or something. I ended up putting my iPod away and going to sleep trying to not think about Jason but it was hard too. Why? I have no idea.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 2!!

I really like this story so let me know what you guys think.