Chapter 10

The roaring crowds deafened everything, making me wince by default. Loud noises never suited well with me seeing how Lady Vonrow always yelled at me if I did something wrong. While the king finally seated himself and the announcer announced what games would be on today, the rest of the royal family began taking their seats. I remained standing because there was no where for me to sit but I made sure I was firmly by Max and Autumn's sides. Max on my right, Autumn on my left, and down on the far left was Ash who I caught glancing at me from time to time.

My mind began running back to his scent, the warmth of his arms around me, and the genuine emotion I saw in his eyes when he asked me what happened. A gentle thump in my chest made my hand cover my heart and I had to hold my breath. Ashton was a mystery to me, but furthermore he was a danger to my life. One false move and he'd feed me to the very dragon who saved me.

'I don't think Ashton is dumb enough to disobey me and feed you to me, girl.' Umbeos finally spoke once more and for once I was happy to hear him in my head.

'Where have you been? I was wondering where the voice in my head went.' I smiled gently to myself and looked out over the crowds.

'I was busy trying to talk to Tephilit and get her to stop fussing about you. She wouldn't stop blaming herself for you falling while in the Mind Scape.' A hint of amusement echoed through my head and my smile broadened.

'So that was the Mind Scape? What I saw? '

'It was my Mind Scape, and memories, but yes it was girl. Now fear not, I'm here.' From up above I saw him fly down with his kin and perch nicely on their docks just below the royal family's box.

Umbeos seemed to have a cleaner shine to him than before and he seemed pleased with himself. Tephilit had gold chains hanging off her horns, her claws were polished to a obsidian shine, and her eyes seemed as calm as ever. The red dragon had black smoke rolling from its nose and its golden eyes were sharp and deadly. The blue and yellow dragons looked excited and had a ravenous hunger burning in their eyes. 

I thought back to all the dragons and who their riders were.

The white dragon belongs to King Archibald.

The Umbeos the black dragon belongs to Ashton, the second son of the king and the leading military general.

The Tephilit the green dragon belongs to Autumn, the fifth child of the king.

I believe the red dragon belongs to Max, the first born and heir to the throne.

The blue dragon belongs to Saul the fourth born and the yellow to Vidar the third born.

'I wonder what their names are...' I thought to myself and pondered the idea of each dragon having a personality.

Would there personalities be like the kin or would they be the complete opposite..?

I glanced towards Ashton again but this time I made eye contact with him and froze. He didn't flinch nor look away but stared head on into my eyes. I felt my cheeks beginning to burn and my eyes began to feel warmer...usually that meant my eyes were reacting to something. His white and red eyes seemed to have been devouring me and I couldn't breathe from the intensity of his gaze.

I felt someone grab my arm and pull me away from his stare, startled out of my trapped state. Max seemed concerned but I saw past it and saw he was....angry? He pulled across him so I was standing at his right and not his left. I felt my cheeks still burn but for a different reason now.

"Max..what are you doing?" I whispered to him softly.

"Don't worry about it, just enjoy the show." He clipped and I knew better than to push it any further.