Chapter 23

Chapter 23

The next day I woke up as I was thrown over someone’s shoulder and carried very rudely into a car and buckled in. I was too tired to protest and I didn’t even spare a thought for the fact that I had no idea who the person was until I saw the motorcycle helmet on the floor of the car.

I moaned. “William, what the hell are you doing?”

“This is an intervention…sort of.” He smiled in the rearview mirror.

I shook my head and curled up into the fetal position. “No. I do not need an intervention. What the hell would I need an intervention for, William?”

He chuckled. “You’re calling me by my full name, you’re pissed.”

I groaned and attempted to punch him bad failed. “Yes, you awoke me from my sleep and not very gently might I add. And now you’re taking me somewhere to give me an intervention.”

“And I’m not going to stop until we get there so you’re welcome to get back to sleep.” He told me.

We stopped at a red light and I tried to open the door but it was locked. I arched an eyebrow at him.

He laughed and tossed me a flask which I hoped was coffee. “It’s on child lock, just to be sure.”

I sighed and opened the thing breathing in the sweet smell and pouring me a glass. Just as I took a long sip my eyes widened and filled with tears as I looked out the window. We were going in the complete opposite direction to London. Zayn was leaving from London. Either Will was doing this on purpose or I had just agreed to not seeing him off which pretty much meant that I’d just made our break up official.

Suddenly I felt ill, I would never see Zayn again.

And that made me feel dead inside.

Will looked at me curiously. “Is there something wrong?”

I sucked in a breath and shook my head. “No, don’t worry.”

He frowned. “You look like you’ve just seen a ghost…”

I sighed. “Not quite.”

But in a way I had. I’d seen Zayn and me happy and loving each other and just then, that had died. Now whenever I thought of Zayn I’d be thinking of the ghost of our past. But that wasn’t what I wanted to think about; I wanted to think about my future. Without Zayn.

I looked up to meet Will’s eyes. “I’m going to sleep, wake me up if we ever get there.”

Then I sighed, closed my eyes and silently cried myself to sleep.

*

Will shook my awake and handed me a duffel bag with clothes and shoes in it and sent me into some sketchy looking service station to get changed. I was now wearing a short red pencil skirt with a loose black blouse tucked in and a pair of black tights that had a few holes in them. I was wearing a pair of black, high heel, black, lace, lace up ankle boots. I tied up my hair and brushed my teeth before returning to the car with my hoodie over the top again.

“Why do you feel the need to dress me now too?” I asked him with a scrunched up face.

He shrugged and sighed. “You never know, I could be taking you somewhere really fancy.”

I rolled my eyes. “Please, just frigging drive.”

About an hour later we rolled into some ugly farm place and got out of the car. He grabbed my hand and dragged me around the front part and escorted me inside there were people talking loudly and bit glowing signs telling people how to run their lives. There were vending machines around and different shops, cafes and news agencies. I gripped Will’s hand tighter and followed him through the security check.