Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I yawned and rolled over in the bed, hugging the pillow to my chest before letting my eyes flutter open. Last night came flooding back to me, I’d fallen asleep beside Zayn just after we’d had some deep and meaningful conversation but now I was in the bed all alone. I smiled and pulled myself up and climbed out. I was certain my hair was a mess and I was still wearing my jeans from yesterday.

I got up and slowly made my way into the lounge room where Will was watching cartoons. “What’s going on?”

He smiled. “Zayn’s just gone down to the shops to get some stuff. He shouldn’t be too far off; we’ve got the place to ourselves for a bit.”

I sighed and sat on the couch beside him. “What happened last night, I just remember falling straight to sleep?”

“You don’t remember Zayn bringing you back here?” He asked looking a little worried.

I nodded. “Yeah but nothing after that.”

Okay, so it was a lie but I knew it would make him feel better.

“So you two didn’t talk or anything…?” He left the question open.

I just shrugged and shook my head. “I honestly don’t remember.”

“Okay fair enough then I guess.” He smiled and tossed me the remote. “I’m going to make a coffee, do you want one?”

I nodded and smiled before flipping over the channel and turning so I could still see him. “God if my mother knew I’d just slept in an apartment with two single boys that I barely knew she’d have a heart attack. I mean Josh and I used to have sleepovers all the time but usually Sarah was there and it was totally innocent.”

He laughed and waited patiently as the kettle boiled. “Why didn’t you call her last night?”

“Well I’d told her I wasn’t going to get in until late last night so…I’ll just tell her I left again early in the morning.” I shrugged. “She’ll get over it.”

The front door opened and we both turned to see Zayn walking in with a few plastic bags which he dumped on the bench with a smile. He tossed me another bag which was different to the others and smiled. Inside was a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and some lace underwear with shampoo, conditioner, soap and a toothbrush.

“I hope everything in there is okay.” He bit his lip. “I didn’t really know what to get you.”

I rolled my eyes and grinned. “It’s fine, I didn’t really expect it though. Um, thank you Zayn.”

He walked over to me and led me to the bathroom. “You’re welcome to have a shower and all that and breakfast will be ready when you’re done.”

I nodded and closed the door behind me before stripping off and turning on the shower.

Zayn’s POV

I listened for the water to start running before I slowly made my way back inside the kitchen and started to unpack the shopping. I started to whistle to a tune that had played on the radio while I was driving and tried to act normal. Will was making coffees and handed him some fresh coffee beans to use.

“So how long have you known Ashlin for?” I asked him, hoping for it to come across totally normal.

He shrugged. “Our parents are old family friends but we only just met two weeks ago.” He replied curiously. “Why do you care?”

I shook my head and smiled. “No reason, I was just making conversation.”

“Oh yeah sure, now tell me the truth. I know you hate lying so spill it.” He told me with his arms crossed over his chest.