eleven

After the incident you were given one day off while the school handled the issue, so with this opportunity you were in your backyard stretching to warm up before your training. You realised that you needed to improve your offensive strategy if you wanted to fight against villains, or even self defense. It was a given that you were good with rescue thanks to your quirk but you also needed to strengthen your physical power and strength. So to help with this, you and your dad rummaged through your brother's room again and eventually found a small notebook with martial arts notes and a few combat notes he used with his quirk. You spent the night before rewriting and editing your brother's work to fit your quirk and added a few that your dad suggested to create a small combat handbook you could even carry in your pocket. 

Placing the said handbook on the ground you opened it to the first few pages, reading it and picking up the wooden staff you use to practice. "You can do this, deep breaths and a firm hold. Put pressure onto every swing and make sure it has a hard impact." you said to yourself as you swung the wooden staff in your hands hitting the air quickly feeling the air change upon impact. 

This went on for a while and with each swing of the staff you could feel your hands starting to burn from the friction of the wood rubbing on your palms, you decided to ignore this and kept going. Your mother peeked at you through the window in the kitchen letting out a sigh, "That girl, I swear. Just like her brother. She should be resting after what happened yesterday."

You spent a good 3 hours training, taking short breaks in between until your parents finally called you in for lunch. Dragging your feet to the table you sat down at your usual seat, licking your lips at the sight of all the food in front of you. "Perfect! A delicious meal right after training, I can rest for an hour after this and continue. Thanks mom!"

She nodded, "Don't overwork yourself. You'll end up sore and your hands will start to blister." 

Oh how you wished you listened to your mother because she was always right, it was now evening and you were about to go to bed after spending the rest of your day training. Your hands were extremely red and anything you touched would cause it to burn, so you wrapped your hand in bandages for the time being and reminded yourself to buy hand cream on the way home from school tomorrow. You looked through your phone's notifications one more time before turning it off and going to sleep, "I hope we won't have to do anything tiring in school at least until next week."

☁︎

You got to school fairly early, meeting Midoriya along the way and seeing Bakugou already at the classroom when you arrived. After that your classmates started to enter and eventually everyone was seated at their desks chatting to those seated near them. Looking down at your bandaged hands you adjusted it a bit, making sure it doesn't come undone. "Should have gotten the other kind of bandages we had at home, it would have been a better fit." you frowned to yourself. 

Hearing in on your classmate's conversations you were able to pick up that they were talking about the incident that got on the news, even you and your class getting some screentime too. Iida opened the door to the classroom, running inside and making his way to the teacher's desk. "Attention! Homeroom class is about to begin! Everyone stop talking and take your seats." he announced loudly.

Kirishima raised his eyebrow, "Uh, we're all sitting." Sero nodded, "Yeah, You're the only one standing."

Iida went back to his desk defeatedly, "Dang it!". Uraraka smiled, "Don''t sweat it!" she reassured her classmate coolly. Mina leant back on her seat, facing Tsuyu and nearly falling over if it weren't for the green-haired girl catching the chair. "Hey, Tsu. Who do ya think's gonna teach class today?"