seventeen

"You're the one who screws around with gravity. Right, Pink Cheeks?" Bakugou asked Uraraka, catching her by surprise with the nickname. How could he not even remember his classmate's name? "Well if you're gonna give up, do it now. 'Cause I'm not gonna hold anything back."

"Midoriya." Iida suddenly spoke, Midoriya whipping his head to face the blue-haired boy. "I'm curious. What was that strategy you came up with that would give Uraraka an advantage against Bakugo?"

He looked at his notebook, "Honestly, it wasn't really much of a plan. Kacchan's so strong. When it comes to close combat, he almost never has any openings. And the more he moves, the more he sweats, which just makes his Quirk more powerful. He's gotten really good at using his explosions to move around in the air. But, if Uraraka is able to touch him, she can use her Quirk to make him float. She could send him out of bounds. That's why, it's obvious what Uraraka needs to do to get the upper hand."

Leaning forwards with clasped hands and your elbows on your thighs, you nodded your head. "She needs to strike first." With Present's Mic announcement the 8th match had begun, Uraraka running at Bakugou with the boy standing still. "Wow, look at her go! That's a good start, and all she has to do is touch him one time!" cheered Midoriya.

"But it won't be easy. You know Bakugo's not gonna let her get too close to him." Iida smiled at Midoriya's enthusiasm, "Which is why he won't dodge. He'll focus his energy on counterattacking."

Bakugou lifted his right arm, as if going for a right hook to attack Uraraka with. Before the girl could even lay a hand on him he instead created an explosion, sending her back. Your classmates gasped, now knowing that there would be no mercy in this match and worrying for Uraraka. Taking a step back, Bakugou eyed his opponent in the smoke. "You shoulda dropped outta the match. There's no way you can beat me!"

Once he saw her jacket peek through the dark smoke he immediately released another explosion, attempting to pin her down but only had her jacket in his hands. "Whoa! She flew her jacket over as a decoy! What incredibly quick thinking!" Present Mic commented.

Uraraka appeared from behind, her hand reaching out to him but Bakugou reacted just in time to send another explosion at her, making her hit the ground before she got up again. "Look at that reaction time!" Sero said, Denki beside him with sweat rolling down his face. "Seriously, the dude's insane. You can't get the drop on him. And since Uraraka can't use her Quirk unless she touches him, his lightning‐fast reflexes put her at a huge disadvantage!"

"Too slow!" Bakugou yelled, sending an explosion from the ground up and directing the debris at her. For what seems like multiple attempts, Uraraka tried and tried again to sneak up on her opponent only to be hit by his explosions. "Looks like she's not resting between attacks despite being exploded. The poor girl." Present Mic sighed,

Your leg became restless as the match went on, constantly jumping up and down as you tried to stop it with your elbow on your thigh. "I don't know what she's trying to do but how much of his explosions can she handle? She hasn't stopped at all to catch a break and Bakugou is barely faltering."

Eventually the audience started complaining, upset with the current match and what they thought was Bakugou bullying Uraraka. This was to the point where some of the heroes in the crowd began to yell at Cementoss, trying to get him to intervene.

"The crowd is now booing Bakugo! And honestly, I kinda agree with what they're sayin‐- Hey, whoa‐‐ What the crap?" Before Present Mic could press on, Eraserhead took the mic. "Where is the man who started this uproar? Are you a pro? Because if you're being serious, you can go home and hang up your cape. I'd suggest looking into another career. Bakugo's fierceness is an acknowledgement of his opponent's strength. He knows she deserves to have made it this far, so he's making sure he does whatever it takes to keep her at bay and come out on top."

"I think it's about time." Uraraka wiped the sweat off her face as she panted, "Thank you, Bakugo... for keeping your eyes focused on me!" with her fingers touching it seemed that her master plan was revealed. Debris floated above them, now dropping at an alarming speed. As Bakugou watched all the stones fall down Uraraka activated her quirk, running at him and nearly touching him. Just when victory was within her reach she was pushed back by the intensity of the explosion Bakugou had created to get rid of the debris falling onto him.

"I figured you'd have some sorta stupid plan to beat me. You are friends with that damn nerd, after all." he says with his hand raised to the sky, staring at the girl on the ground before him. While Uraraka was crestfallen, Bakugou quietly sighed to himself, " That was close."

As Uraraka stood up, you could see her fatigue catch up to her as she wobbled in place. This brought a smile to Bakugou's face that his opponent was still up, but just when he got his hopes up and charged at him she collapsed onto the ground. "Uraraka is down!" yells Present Mic. You clutch the fabric of your pants tightly, "She's too tired, taking all those blows without a break and using her quirk the whole time too."

Even when she was on the ground she was determined to continue fighting, slowly crawling to Bakugou until she finally gave out. Midnight hurried to the scene, crouching down and checking on the girl. "Uraraka is KO'd. Bakugo advances to the second round!" she announced.

You let out a huff, leaning into your seat. "Geez that was intense. Good thing I won't be up against Bakugou in the second round or else I think I would totally bail. Are you ready, Iida?" looking over to your blue-haired friend he gave a nod. "I think so. Just have to give my best and rise the ranks."

"Hey, Bakugo! Playin' the villain, huh? Musta been tough." Sero said to his classmate who was just entering the booth. "Even if it was just because of who you were up against, you did make a pretty convincing bad guy." says Denki who was seated beside him.

"Shut up, you idiots. Or else!" Bakugou said angrily, sitting in his seat and looking off to the side. "For real, dude. I don't know how you were able to aim a powerful blast at a frail girl like that. I couldn't help but hold back against Shiozaki." Denki shrugged with a laugh.

Tsuyu cocked her head to the side, "She completely overpowered you, Kaminari." Her words injured his pride. "Can't you just let me have this?"

With his head in his palm Bakugou scoffed, "Hmph. I definitely wouldn't call that girl 'frail.'"

After the short break two players had entered the arena, Kirishima and Tetsutetsu breaking the tie with an arm wrestle battle that was monitored closely by Cementoss and Midnight. "Wa‐hoo! We're finally about to learn who the true winner is from the seventh match! Kirishima or Tetsutetsu! Whoever prevails in this arm wrestling match will advance to the second round! Let's go!"

Their yells echoed loudly with quirks activated to the max. You could see Tetsutetsu's arm crack from the strength and pressure Kirishima had put onto it, he then slammed his opponent's arm down and nearly destroyed the cement block they were using. "Kirishima earns a spot in the second round!" Present Mic announces to the crowd, Kirishima happily celebrating while comforting Tetsutetsu as well. Just from today you could tell that those two would make great friends, especially with the nature of their quirks.

"Now we've got a full roster for the next round of the tournament. Let's get the party started now, ya dig?" he goes on, exciting the crowd.