The Dark Knight // Kris X Reader

Requested by: Squishy_Crown and AreebaDazzle

I mixed up both prompts and this turned out into a nonbinary!Kris X Shy!Reader

Au: Dark World not discovered yet.

Warning: VERY long. Non-proof read. I will do spelling checks later. Right now I'm too tired.

Also Kris' canonical pronouns are they/them, but I might have accidentally referred to them as he/him, so if you see it then pls ignore it ;-;

Reader's pronouns are she/her.

Word count: 4.3k+
Uploaded: 2021/09/27

Enjoy!
______________________________________

The school was gonna have a play this year.

Obviously it was Fantasy and Romance with the most clichést troupes: Princess in distress and knights defeating dragons and such...

The plot was the same as always.
1. Princess is trapped in the tower for many years.
2. Knight comes to rescue princess and defeats the dragon.
3. Princess is free.
4. Happy ending.

"Haha! Isn't this just the most perfect thing for me and my dearest Noelle?" Berdly jumped on his table and everybody groaned.

"I can be the knight, Noelle can be the princess and Susie can be the dragon! And the rest of you can be my minions!"

Ms Alphys nervously cleared her throat, "B-Berdly please get off the desk. And no, that is not how it shall be decided. The roles for each ch-character shall be decided through a class vote. So, uhh, that each of you get a chance to pick someone else rather than yourself," Ms Alphys wrote the students' names on the board with a new chalk.

5 Roles. Princess, knight, dragon, king and queen.

I eyed Kris. They seemed to be writing down a couple of names too. I wrote Kris as the knight, Susie as the dragon, Catty as the queen and Jockington as the king. Temmie can be their pet kitty or something.

Even if I was tempted to make myself as the princess I held it in and wrote my best friend, Noelle, instead. I wasn't even sure I was going to memorise the entire script since I tend to get a bit nervous on stage. Though, I would get very jealous since there was a scene where the knight carries the princess.

The class vote had decided.

Knight:
Kris- 8
Berdly- 1
Susie- 1

Nice.

Princess:
Noelle- 9
(Y/n)- 1

Huh? Who would vote for me? Maybe Noelle.

Dragon:
Susie- 10

Yeah boi.

Obviously Noelle was the princess, Susie was the dragon and Kris was the knight. The rest of the cast were either props or helping with the background.

"Now we need at least two substitutes in case when the person in charge of the role of a character were to be unavailable on the day when we perform."

"I want to nominate (Y/n) as one of the substitutes, Ms Alphys. We can practice together at my house," said Noelle.

"Anybody else who would like to be a substitute?"

"Of course that would be ME, miss Alphys! I am the only one here confident and intellegent enough to have the entire script in my head!"

"'Course it would be you, Berdly. For now we will gather more ideas for the play and furthermore. Okay, class dismissed! Have a good day, everyone! I'll be off finally catching up to Mew Mew Kissie Cutie 2 live action on Netflix."