Chapter 7: "You're pretty good at that."

~A month later~

Jieun's POV:
It had been a month since I told Namjoon about my father. Although he didn't know the whole story, he was never one to pry. But this past month was so nice. We met quite often and went on a lot of dates, some in our homes, just watching a movie. We never did anything, just chatted away about whatever came to mind. I had come to like his company. Getting another call from him, I picked up, now since it was quite common. His voice still making me smile.

NJ: "Hey, were you busy?"
Jieun: "Just reached home."
NJ: "What's your plan tomorrow? Let's go out for some ice cream."
Jieun: "Ooh Mr. Namjoon, how dare you entice me with food like this, how can I say no now?"
NJ: "So you're only coming for the ice cream then?"
Jieun: "What else would I be there for? Oh lord, are you comparing yourself with one of the most loved foods in the world?!"
NJ: "Ms. Jieun, as much as I enjoy ice cream, your presence makes it much sweeter."

Dork. Cute.

Jieun: "SHEEESH, that was very cheesy!"

We both laughed.

Jieun: "Okay then, I'll see you tomorrow."
NJ: "Mmh, I probably am much more eager to eat the ice cream."
Jieun: "Not after that extra cheesy statement you just made, you're not!"

Laughing, we both hung up.

~The next day~

Jieun's POV:
Reaching the ice cream parlour, I saw namjoon already waiting for me. "Aren't you ever late? I always manage to come on time but you're already there!" I said. "I don't keep a lady waiting," he said. Playfully slapping his arm, and going in for a quick hug and a peck on the cheek, I said, "What a gentleman! Also, how did you reach here, I don't see your car." "Oh I came by bus, just felt like it. I take it you came walking, your house isn't far from here," he replied. I nodded my head a yes.

We picked up our ice cream orders, as I judged all those who chose to eat mint chocolate. "How can people do that to their mouths," I said. He looked at me with an expression i couldn't quite read. "What?" i asked. "Just when i thought you can't be more perfect, you said you don't like mint choc. What do you do to my heart, Jieun!" I laughed at his dramatic words.

Picking up our ice cream, we walked to a nearby park and sat on a bench. Surprisingly, there were absolutely no people around us. It felt so peaceful.

Namjoon's POV:
Watching her eat the ice cream so deliciously, I smiled. She had a tiny bit of ice cream on her top lip and I pointed it out to her. "You have a little bit of ice cream on your lip," I said. She licked it clean, extremely cutely. I couldn't get enough of her. In such a short time, I never thought I would click with someone like this. Things were just... in their right place. The puzzle fit, and I was so happy about it. Thinking all this, I never noticed that I was looking at her the whole time. She looked back at me, and said, "Lets walk."
So we stood up, and started walking. "Hey, I never asked you why you were reading that rom-com novel the day we first met," she said. I tensed up. But calmly replied, "I haven't had the most success with relationships. I grew sick of rom-coms and how larger-than-life they were. But I was thinking of changing my views for them, giving rom-coms a chance, you know." She giggled. "Well, I haven't had the most luck with relationships either, but 'Me Before You' was not a great choice for giving cliches a chance. That book is anything but a cliche. I don't particularly enjoy the larger-than-life romcoms either. But whenever I want to take a break from non-fiction, I read 'Me Before You'. It's just a beautiful piece of writing," she said. I couldn't help but notice how much we had in common. I only smiled, in response.

All of a sudden, she took my hand in hers. I felt all fuzzy inside and i never wanted to let go of her hand. Again, her hand just fit in mine. As i walked, she suddenly stopped and tugged at my hand. I turned around to see her walking to me and she suddenly placed her lips on mine.

Jieun's POV:
I don't know why I did that, it just felt right in the moment. It took him close to no time to respond. Our lips moved in sync with each other and his soft, pillowy lips felt like an addiction. His hands circled my waist and my hand tangled in his fluffy hair. I pulled away, breathless.

Author's POV:
As Jieun pulled away, Namjoon's hands still on her waist, they looked at each other as if nothing else in the world ever mattered. All Namjoon could think about was why he hadn't thought of doing this earlier, because the word 'bliss' couldn't even begin to cover it. As they were looking into each other's eyes, Jieun broke the silence saying, "Namjoon..." The man, as if snapped out of a trance, responded with a low hum. She continued, "You're pretty good at that." And they both burst into a fit of laughter at her words. Walking hand in hand, Namjoon dropped Jieun back home. Placing a short peck on his lips, she walked inside her home, leaving a foolishly smiling Namjoon at her doorstep.