Chapter 3 | Tomioka

Staring into his eyes was like staring into a silent, calm ocean. Emotionless, unwavering.

He is a man of few words, only speaking what is necessary.

A way of coping? The violet eyed female thought to herself.

For she knew all too well, that her way of coping was to drown the silence eating away at her.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

After the meeting ended, the Pillars made their way back towards the estate as a group. There was a lot of chatter going on as the pillars tried to befriend the 2 new Pillars, still in their red uniforms. A clear preference was soon established between the girls, as the more talkative Pillars gravitated towards Mitsuri naturally. Not surprising, Kocho thought to herself. After all, Mitsuri definitely seemed more approachable than her.

Rengoku was probably something like the leader of the group, he seemed well loved by everyone. "Let me introduce myself first! I am Rengoku Kyojuro, the current Flame Pillar! Looking forward to collaborating on missions with you guys once the 3 months is over!"

"I am the current Stone Pillar, Himejima Gyomei.... Namu Amida Butsu..." tears streamed down his face.

"I am the FLAMBOYANT Sound Pillar, Uzui Tengen! Like Kyojuro, I look forward to having many flamboyant missions with you guys once the 3 months is over!"

"What are we doing again..." Tokito mumbled, Rengoku laughed and answered for him "This is the Mist Pillar, Tokito Muichiro. As you can see, he is very absentminded!"

"Iguro Obanai, I'm the Serpent Pillar." Planning to end his self-introduction there, Iguro looked up at Mitsuri who blushed at him. Suddenly he had the urge to say a few more words "I'm the one who will be looking after Kanroji for the next 3 weeks". Some of the pillars closer to Iguro exchanged knowing looks and snickered, receiving an annoyed look from Iguro himself.

"Shinazugawa Sanemi, I'm the current Wind Pillar." He paused, glancing at Kocho "Nice to meet you."

A long silence followed....

"Tomioka?" Rengoku prompted

"Tomioka Giyu, Water Pillar" he said shortly, "Tch, that bastard" Shinazugawa muttered under his breath. Kocho smiled lightly at the interaction, making him blush slightly at the similarities between her and her sister.

A sense of familiarity washed over Kocho as they arrived upon the estate. She's been here multiple times when her sister was still a Pillar, but she was never allowed any further than the reception area of the estate. Today, she will be entering as a Pillar, she was no longer just a guest.

"I will be heading back to my room now everyone. Iguro, Tomioka, look after the newcomers!" Rengoku said energetically before heading up the stairs. Soon, only Tomioka, Kocho, Mitsuri, and Iguro were left in the reception area. Glaring at Tomioka for no reason at all, Iguro turned to face Mitsuri "Kanroji, let me show you around and take you to your room first" to which she happily agreed to. "Shinobu-chan, I'll see you later!" she turned to say goodbye to her friend before heading off with Iguro, to which Kocho smiled and nodded.

"Tomioka, should we also get going?" Kocho looked over at him "will you also give me a tour before showing me my room?"

She should probably try and get along with her partner for the next 3 month.

He looked back at her, not saying anything and giving an expression of annoyance at the hassle involved. Kocho's smiled cracked a little and now had a hint of annoyance as well "What's wrong Tomioka-san~ whether you like it or not, we're stuck together for at least the next 3 months~"