Chapter 7 | Injury

Was beautiful the right word?

His thoughts were all over the place, catching him off guard.

Since when did she leave such an impression?

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Tomioka walked into his room, exhausted from his most recent mission. Recently he felt like he was off his game, it was taking longer and longer to dispose of those demons. He wondered why to himself, but deep down he knew. Each time he slayed a demon, he was reminded of Kocho's almost art like slaying style. He wanted to see more of it.

Ah, so he was distracted - that's why he was talking longer and longer. Tomioka finally came to the conclusion that as long as he didn't think about Kocho, he would be moving from mission to mission faster. After briefly cleaning himself up, he heard a knock on his door. Not used to having visitors at any time of the day he opened the door with caution, and to his surprise the person who was just on his mind was standing there, smiling at him with her perfect smile.

It took a few seconds for Tomioka to process that Kocho was in fact standing right there staring back at him, since he only spoke after a brief pause "Kocho?"

"Tomioka-san" Kocho teasingly poked at him, "we're going on a joint mission tomorrow". Her poking intensified causing Tomioka to frown and grab hold of her wrist to stop her, but Kocho didn't care, she just started using her other hand to continue poking him.

"When did you find out" deciding to let Kocho poke him to death he asked her back.

"Just now, my crow delivered the message." Becoming bored with Tomioka's lack of reaction to her poking in this arm, she stopped and switched to poking the other arm. To her surprise, as soon as her first poke landed, Tomioka pretty much jumped back 2 steps. "Tomioka?" Kocho couldn't conceal her surprise, as the events registered in her brain. Without saying a single thing, Tomioka walked up to his door and closed it in Kocho's face.

A vein of anger popped on Kocho's forehead. Without hesitation, she forced open the door that Tomioka was in the process of locking and walked in with a deadly smile on her face. "Tomioka-san" Kocho's voice was dripping was danger.

Tomioka gulped and looked at the petite girl who suddenly felt twice her size, did she find out?

"Show me your arm" Kocho took a step closer, and he took a step backwards.

She did.

Admitting defeat, Tomioka rolled up the sleeve for his left arm. Kocho's anger reached its maximum limit, as she glared at Tomioka while somehow still maintaining her smile"what were you planning to do, hm?" she took another step closer, while he took another step backwards "tell me Tomioka, what were you planning to do with this wound?"

"Its just a scratch" he looked away from Kocho which worsened her already terrible mood. She snapped and her eyes, which usually concealed how she truly felt were now full of anger, despite the smile still plastered on her face.

"A scratch? Tomioka, you call this wound which is, may I point out, deep enough to see the bone, a scratch?!" Kocho spoke to him, voice full of authority "You aren't a kid anymore, how do you expect me to trust you in battle, if you can't even take care of yourself?"

She continued on, taking another step forward "Tell me, did you plan on going on a joint mission with me tomorrow without telling me about this wound? You know yourself that the battles us Pillars engage in are comparatively more advanced and dangerous than any other rank, even more so when one of us isn't in their best shape. Yet you decided to conceal the fact that you had this scratch, and potentially put your life and my life in danger?"