six (the one with a cast)

the land meets the sea
chapter six — cats out the bag

the land meets the seachapter six — cats out the bag

——° • ☆

It was Ruby's free period and she wanted some fresh air. She went out to the field just to see Stiles throwing a bunch of lacrosse balls at Scott. Halfway to the boys Scott collapsed on the ground grunting in pain. The girl tried her best to quicken her steps to him but by the time she was at least kind of close, he was just sitting there, talking to Stiles.

"Cause she makes me weak." The words hit her like a tidle wave. So much so that she stumbled a bit and tripped over her crutch. She let out a loud groan, catching the boys attention. The pair looked up and bolted towards the her. Stiles got her crutches while Scott lifted her with ease. She laughed a little at their reactions to such a simple fall.

They wouldn't stop asking her if she was ok. Scott refused to put her down again until they were at her locker where she need to get a notebook for her next class. Then once again as soon as she closed the locker door Scott picked her back up and bolted back and forth down the hall. It was free period and no one else was in that hall. They called it the locker hall since there weren't any classrooms in it either. Ruby couldn't stop laughing.

They fun died down as they knew they had to go their separate ways to get to their next class, which they didn't have together. Scott carried her while Stiles followed the pair to her next class. They said their goodbyes and with that the bell rang.

☆☆☆☆

It was now coaches class, she got there early since she gets let out of every class five minutes early to avoid hallway traffic. Scott sat across from her while Stiles went to sit behind her, but Scott tried to get him to sit behind him instead. Allison however beat him to the punch.

"What was that all about?" She asked turning to look at Stiles.

"Scott just wanted me to sit behind him."

"Instead of his own girlfriend? So he's avoiding her? God that just sounds like an entire stereotypical one week middle school relationship wrapped into one." She said with a discussed expression on her face.

Coach started class and called on Scott to summarize their reading assignment.

"Last night's reading?"

"How about the reading of The Gettysburg Address."

"What?"

"That's sarcasm. You familiar with the term "sarcasm" McCall?"

Scott looked over his shoulder at his two best friends, who he used to call the sarcasm twins, and replied with a blunt yes. Stiles smiled while Ruby saluted with a smirk.

She zoned out for the rest of their confrontation until she felt and extreme wave of anxiety fall over her. It was so strong and so intense that she almost stared hyperventilating. That was until the feeling slowly began to fade away. Stiles noticed her uneasiness  and went to ask her but she just shrugged it off as not feeling well.

☆☆☆☆

Ruby decided that since she had no plans, she was going to go help Deaton out with the animals at the clinic. She was coming out of the dog kennel part of the clinic just to be met with Deaton tied to a chair unconscious, her cousin Derek going down to swipe what looked like claws at Deatons face, and a Scott. But it didn't look like Scott. He was hairy, had pointed ears, and also had what looked to be claws as well.

She took out her headphones in a hast and let a screech, catching the boys attention. She starred at them in shock as she saw Scott's face morph back into the one that she had grown to love like a brother.

"Ruby I can explain" Scott said slowly approaching the shocked girl.

"You have exactly five minutes to tell me what the hell is going on before I rampage out of this joint. And with the adrenaline that's going through my mind right now, my cast will not stop me for fucking hell." Ruby said fast paced and all in one breath.

"Ruby... I'm a werewolf."

A/N
We back baby!! I have a three day weekend so I was able to write this chapter yesterday and do some finishing touches today. So umm yeah she found out. And guess what, a new supernatural ability had been unlocked.  She has supernatural hearing. I already know what I want to do for the next chapter. I'm so excited for you guys to read it when it comes out. Anyways I hope you enjoyed and if no one has told you yet, I love you. BYEEEEE!!

 BYEEEEE!!