27 The Person Fate Intended for Him

Xin Lan stared at his lover, his gaze burning. Sect Master Fei might've told him that there was another man but at the moment, he couldn't care less. Seeing him, he thought back to the night where he had left and that feeling from shortly before it had happened was back.

Heaven, he loved this person. He loved him more than he had ever loved anyone. And to finally see him again after being apart for so long ... it was like he was finally himself again, as if he was home.

Before Hua Lin Yu could say anything, he walked over and pulled him up against his chest, hugging him tightly. One arm cradled his waist, and the other rubbed his back while he brushed the top of his head with his lips. "I'm sorry."

Hua Lin Yu was completely petrified. He could neither hug him back nor push him away. He couldn't even decide what to think, not to mention what he should do at this moment. So he just stood there, kind of hanging in his fiance's arms, his mind blank.

These past few weeks, he had first been afraid and then started to dread the moment when he would have to talk with Xin Lan. He had been worried that he would be angry and then he had been worried because he didn't know how to tell him that there was Xiao Li and that he really thought that this man might be what fate had in store for him. In any case, he felt like Xin Lan wasn't that person. Not anymore.

Both his seniors looked at the scene and then at their Master before they quietly slunk off. They probably should've stayed around to support ... somebody but they weren't sure who.

Their junior had done something that wouldn't be easy to forgive. They couldn't really fault Xin Lan for it if he got angry because of this. At the same time, the person that was closest to them was still Xiao Yu. And it just felt right to want him to be happy. And maybe he really couldn't be happy with Xin Lan.

It didn't excuse how he had behaved but I did explain why it might be better if he was with Xiao Li no matter what they thought of this person and how worried they were about the future. In any case, this wasn't something they could deal with for him.

Fei Bai Mu sighed faintly when the two of them had left. To be honest, she also didn't enjoy getting involved in somebody else's relationship. This kind of thing, it was always better if people took care of it on their own. But unfortunately, as Hua Lin Yu's Master, she didn't have the luxury of just bowing out and leaving it to them. No, this was something that she had to deal with.

When seeing the wildly different reactions of these two people upon seeing each other again, she was afraid that dealing with it would cause trouble though. Not that she hadn't already figured that out by the time she saw how her disciple looked at Xiao Li the first time they met.

She faintly cleared her throat, trying to pull the two's attention somewhere else. "Well, now that Xiao Yu is here, maybe the two of you would like to come into the hall. Let's sit down and talk, shall we?"

Xin Lan didn't react immediately. For a moment longer, he just held his lover before he very slowly pulled back, reaching up to cup his cheeks and give him a smile. "I'm happy to see you again. It's all my fault. I hope you're not angry that I came here like this. I ... I can't make up what happened the other day but maybe I can explain to you. I hope you'll let me."

Hua Lin Yu looked at him, not sure what to say. He really didn't want to go in and talk. Because if they did, what was he supposed to say? But he also knew that now that Xin Lan was actually here, he couldn't just pretend that he wasn't. No, he had to say something. And maybe it would be best if he said something soon.

He lowered his gaze and then stepped out of Xin Lan's arms, wrapping his arms around himself. "I ... I don't think you need to apologize. On second thought, maybe it was better that we didn't go through with it. Actually, I don't think I want to marry you anymore."

Xin Lan stared at him, trying not to let his hurt show. He had known from Fei Bai Mu that there was somebody else involved. He probably should've expected that Hua Lin Yu might react like this. But imagining it and actually experiencing it was different things altogether.

He gulped, trying to get rid of the stuffy feeling in his chest, and motioned inside. "Your Master told me that there was somebody ... making advances on you. In any case, it can't hurt to talk, can it? Maybe you'll reconsider ... reconsidering." In all these years, he hadn't been a bad partner, had he? He might not have been perfect but he had done his utmost to make Xiao Yu happy. And he felt like for the most part, Hua Lin Yu had been. So really, even though his lover might currently be enmeshed with somebody else, that didn't mean that things were definitely over. He would still fight for him!

When he reached out, trying to take his hand, Hua Lin Yu pulled back even further though. "There is really nothing to talk about. In any case, I already understand. I talked about things with my brother and my Master and I didn't react right. But still, I think it's a sign that we didn't go through with it twice already. Really, we should just give up. Maybe we're not meant for each other."

Xin Lan looked at him, having a bit more trouble keeping his temper in check right now. Needless to say, he wasn't happy about knowing that there was another man involved with his lover. If that guy had been there, he might've ripped him to shreds. But at the same time, he knew that if he got angry and showed it, he would just scare Hua Lin Yu off further so he tried his best to hold back. Not that his lover was making that easy.