145 An Embarrassing Story

Qiu Ling gave him the same short explanation that he had also given Xiang Yong, shocking not only An Bai but also the senior official and the Fate's Scribe who were listening in.

In any case, even though An Bai had gone a few steps away, that didn't mean much if they were still in the same room. But then, this was also something that was good news to share. After all, they'd all been working on this in part to make sure that the dragon king would be okay again. To hear that the situation wasn't completely solved but was at least better already took a huge burden off the shoulders. Now, even if they needed a day longer, it wouldn't matter as much.

Not that this meant that they would dare to slack off. After all, there was no saying how long this temporary solution would work. And there was likely a limit to how often they could try the same. So still, they needed to find a permanent solution. It was just that it didn't need to happen as fast anymore. They weren't rushing against time anymore.

An Bai smiled faintly, immensely relieved that things had worked out this way. "Thankfully, Senior Xin Lan was there. I would love to hear the rest of the details when there is time. Maybe we can also gain some insight from that."

Qiu Ling inclined his head. "I will tell you in due time. Now though, with me doing better, there are some other tasks that we need to get done. From what I heard, things aren't looking good in the demon realm. Jin Ling might be losing his throne soon if things are allowed to go on like this. I don't think that would be a good thing for us. So we should do something to help him out."

An Bai inclined his head, very much of the same opinion as Qiu Ling. "Then what does Your Majesty suggest?"

Qiu Ling tilted his head and then raised his brows at An Bai. "That demon who was bothering you before, is he still there?"

An Bai cleared his throat and glanced over his shoulder to the other two people who pretended that they hadn't heard a thing. Only then did he turn to his king again. "Well, he broke into the palace where we are currently staying the other day. I haven't seen him since then and Xiang Yong might have tipped off the Heavenly guards but I guess it is a safe bet that he is still somewhere around, just hiding better now."

Qiu Ling nodded, not sure if he should actually be happy or not. "I'm sorry you had to deal with this. But ... right now, that does come in handy."

An Bai gave a nod, also able to understand that this might be for the best right now. At the very least, they had direct access to the demons. "What does Your Majesty want me to do?"

"If you can, contact him. Tell him to go back to the demon realm and support Jin Ling there instead. From what I know, he should be pretty high-ranking, right? With his support, even though it can't turn the tides by itself, that will still be one more thing speaking for Jin Ling. Right now, that is the only thing we can do."

An Bai nodded but he also couldn't help but be a little doubtful. "Honestly, I'm not sure if my words alone will have enough of an impact. He is here for something very specific. Even though he doesn't say it, I know that is the case. And without achieving that ... I'm not sure if he will actually leave, no matter what I say."

Qiu Ling nodded, his gaze turning thoughtful. "Knowing Jin Ling, this will still be about that dimension in the Yun Zou Sect. That ..." He turned his head, not sure what to do for a moment. They had wanted to let Jin Ling bother with that for as long as possible so that he wouldn't turn up in the dragon realm to bother Jinde and Leng Jin Yu. This was even more important now that the two of them were actually trying to have a child. And yet, it seemed that this plan couldn't be kept up any longer.

He sighed and then shook his head. "Tell him. Just tell him that he'll never get in there. Tell him that it was forged with a part of a soul and that Jin Ling does not have the right one to open it. Maybe he will give up then."

An Bai faintly furrowed his brows. "I trust that Your Majesty has thought this through but ... wouldn't he think that this was a setup? Something that I was just saying to get him off my back or even to try and mislead him?"

Qiu Ling rubbed his forehead, feeling annoyed at the fact that demons were such distrustful creatures. But then, that was probably what happened when the person up above screwed with your feelings of all things. "Well, just tell him the full truth then: that you are doing this because you want him to return to the demon realm since it would be very favorable for us if Jin Ling stayed king. It's not a lie and I guess he is smart enough to understand that much as well."

An Bai nodded, feeling that this might actually work. "Very well, then I will do that. As for your ... your condition ... We will continue with the research, won't we?"

Qiu Ling nodded. "Yes, as I mentioned, this is merely a temporary solution. So we still need to find out what we can do as a permanent one. Not to mention that I won't be the only one in this situation. Even if the circumstances are rare, there will be others. I'd say that it can't hurt to make sure of these things just in case.

"So take your time. This matter with the demons, it's just something I want you to do at the site. Other than contacting that demon, don't bother about political things right now. You are a scholar, the most important for you is to do your research. We will be able to take care of things over here. Anyway, it's not like we don't have enough people. Xiang Yong, Fu Min, and Fu Heng are still here and you also have a substitute. So ... we're good here. Don't worry."

An Bai nodded and finally, the two of them bid farewell. Going back to the table, he looked at the senior official and the Fate's Scribe who both looked very curious. Ah, it seemed that he would now have to tell that embarrassing story about him and that man from the demon race. After all, they were supposed to work together right now so keeping something like this hidden didn't seem like a good idea.